Corporate – Baton Rouge, LA
We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
Please note that effective Jan. 4, 2022, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana implemented a policy requiring any employee who enters any of our offices or who interacts in person with anyone for company business purposes to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions. At this time, that policy is suspended and vaccination is not required to enter our facilities. Please note this is subject to change at any point in time to ensure compliance with company policy or government mandates and certain client facing roles may have separate protocols.
Residency in or relocation to Louisiana is preferred for all positions.
The Director, HR Systems & Strategy is responsible for developing an overall strategic approach for our Human Resources Management Systems, that includes a proactive, predictive and solutions-based focus on people analytics to guide critical decision making. Provides leadership and ensures the integrity of HRMS data to meet the strategic plan of the CHRO and leadership teams. Responsible for analyzing business requirements and determining hardware and software requirements to meet data management and analysis needs. Responsible for the definition, planning, design, development, configuration, testing, change management, documentation, maintenance and administration of the Human Resource Management Systems. Serves as the lead liaison between human resources and the information technology division to best align and support the mission of BCBSLA. Accountable for system documentation, development of processes and procedures, end-user training as well as vendor relationship management. Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- Manages People
- This role reports to this job: SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Necessary Contacts: In order to effectively fulfill this position, the incumbent must be in contact with all levels of employees and leadership throughout the company and board members, BCBSA, other Blue Cross Plans, and system vendors/consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a Technology related field required
- Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years of experience in full life-cycle implementation and functional knowledge of HRIS systems.
- 3 years of leadership experience required. Experience can run concurrently.
- Knowledge of human resources business process and subject matter expertise in multiple HCM modules is required.
- Excellent project management experience with implementation of HR applications is preferred.
- SQL experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective management skills including long- and short-term planning and budgeting required
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills demonstrating the ability to deliver a consistent and succinct message to audiences at all levels from line staff to executives
- Strong human relations, statistical, analytical and computer skills are required.
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills are necessary, as is the ability to work independently
- Must be capable of handling multiple responsibilities concurrently
- High degree of ability to analyze project objectives and develop and implement requirements
- Ability to identify and analyze logical problems and develop and propose/implement solutions considering business needs, customer experience and system capabilities
- Demonstrated communication skills to exchange information and resolve problems with customers/clients, colleagues, employees at every level and third parties
- Proficiency level experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Word, etc
Licenses and Certifications
- Workday Pro Certification preferred
- Set the strategic vision and advance the People Analytics approach to ensure data, analytics, insights are reliable, meaningful, and actionable
- Develop short and long-term people analytics goals, objectives and dashboards to position the organization to make better and faster business decisions.
- Responsible for project management of systems related to Human Resources. Identify strategies for system improvement opportunities as well as functional process changes to minimize system complexity and optimize efficiency of the various HR Systems applications.
- Maintain an active systems roadmap, and continually scan the environment for conflicts and competing priorities, resources needed to execute, financial or time constraints.
- Pro-actively analyze HR system needs, identifying best in class approaches to systems maintenance, efficiency metrics, and proactively recommending changes to processes, reports, and integrations.
- Ensure functional operation, data integrity and maintenance and training of the HR systems environment.
- Work closely with IT department on troubleshooting/resolution of issues related to integrations.
- Develop appropriate level of system and user documentation such as process definition maps, user guides, and system administration documents.
- Oversees the design and recommends proper security setup and procedure and provides security related production support for all HR/Payroll HCM applications. Maintains proper configuration updates and documentation of system security configuration and procedures to ensure the HCM is kept current.
- Manage governance of new system requests, and ensure alignment with BCBSLA objectives.
- Ensure data integrity and continued BCBSLA operations of our systems environment.
- May be called upon to lead integration testing, training, or other deliverables.
- Work on other projects and responsibilities as needed.
Additional Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Accountabilities and Essential Functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned, within your scope of responsibilities.
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All BCBSLA EMPLOYEES please apply through Workday Careers.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Please be sure to monitor your email frequently for communications you may receive during the recruiting process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those most qualified will be contacted. To monitor the status of your application, please visit the “My Applications” section in the Candidate Home section of your Workday account.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
In support of our mission to improve the health and lives of Louisianians, Blue Cross encourages the good health of its employees and visitors. We want to ensure that our employees have a work environment that will optimize personal health and well-being. Due to the acknowledged hazards from exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, and in order to promote good health, our company properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana performs background and pre-employment drug screening after an offer has been extended and prior to hire for all positions. As part of this process records may be verified and information checked with agencies including but not limited to the Social Security Administration, criminal courts, federal, state, and county repositories of criminal records, Department of Motor Vehicles and credit bureaus. Pursuant with sec 1033 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, individuals who have been convicted of a felony crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust are prohibited from working in the insurance industry unless they obtain written consent from their state insurance commissioner.
Additionally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is a Drug Free Workplace. A pre-employment drug screen will be required and any offer is contingent upon satisfactory drug testing results.