Corporate – Baton Rouge, LA
We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
Please note that effective Jan. 4, 2022, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana implemented a policy requiring any employee who enters any of our offices or who interacts in person with anyone for company business purposes to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions. At this time, that policy is suspended and vaccination is not required to enter our facilities. Please note this is subject to change at any point in time to ensure compliance with company policy or government mandates and certain client facing roles may have separate protocols.
Residency in or relocation to Louisiana is preferred for all positions.
Hires, develops, manages and directs the work of supporting staff. Responsible for the definition, planning, design, development, configuration, testing, change management, documentation, maintenance and administration of the overall Human Capital Management System, Security architecture and other Human Resources related systems and reporting applications to ensure effective business processes and internal control. Provide any necessary system support and project management for all phases of HR systems lifecycle including analysis, design, development/configuration, testing and deployment of solutions, and post-production support/maintenance functions. Accountable for system documentation, development of processes and procedures, end-user training as well as vendor relationship management. Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- Manages People
- This role directly manages up to 7 workers
- This role reports to this job: Director, HR Systems & Strategy
- Necessary Contacts: To do this job effectively, the incumbent has to be in contact with:
All levels of BCBSLA personnel and outside technology resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required
- Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of specific analyst/developer/administrator role experience in a cloud-based Human Capital Management System (HCM) required
- 2 years of leadership experience required
- 2 years of systems analysis experience (or comparable position) with an understanding of program interfaces, a general understanding of computer equipment, programming techniques, improved programming technology, applications, etc. required
- Professional level experience in Financial application software implementation and/or data conversion required
- Experience can run concurrently
- Workday HCM and People Analytics experience is preferred.
- Professional level experience in Financial application software implementation and/or data conversion preferred.
- SQL experience preferred
- Project management experience with implementation of HR applications preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of HCM Security modules required
- Knowledge of Human Resources business processes and subject matter expertise in multiple HCM modules is required
- Financial ERP application knowledge preferred
- High degree of ability to analyze project objectives and develop and implement requirements
- Ability to identify and analyze logical problems and develop and propose/implement solutions considering business needs, customer experience and system capabilities
- Demonstrated communication skills to exchange information and resolve problems with customers/clients, colleagues, employees at every level and third parties
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of basic Human Resource and system security competencies, preferably through certification such as PHR, SPHR, SSCP or CCP
- Proficiency level experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Word, etc.
Licenses and Certifications
- Workday Pro Certification preferred
- Manages supporting staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are developed and met
- Has full authority for hiring, developing, managing performance and terminations (where appropriate) of supporting staff.
- Oversees and ensures the accurate administration of the Human Capital Management Systems to include monitoring HR systems to ensure proper functionality, and continuing to build HR systems to drive proactive processes, functionality and reporting.
- Manages HR Systems projects. Identify system improvement opportunities as well as functional process changes to minimize system complexity and optimize efficiency of the various HR Systems applications.
- Oversees and ensures data integrity of the systems to include periodic audit of the data components to ensure data integrity within the system, and working with HR teams to update and correct the data as necessary to identify the root causes of inaccuracies.
- Manages and designs business and system process needs and requirements, as necessary. Oversees, designs, develops, tests, and validates HCM configuration to support business requirements. Assists in the documentation of current and new system configuration and procedures. Provides knowledge and expertise on customer requirements.
- Leads project management support, system expertise and assistance in all phases of HCM ongoing system life cycle support, including data conversion, application configuration, updates, and development of functional specifications and testing requirements that ensure proper security architecture is in place.
- Oversees the design and recommends proper security setup and procedure, and provides security related production support for all HR/Payroll HCM applications. Maintains proper configuration updates and documentation of system security configuration and procedures to ensure the HCM is kept current.
- Analyzes, tests, and resolves any impact of security configuration changes due to but not limited to application upgrades/bundles/patches to batch processes and existing business processes. Develops necessary test script cases for testing.
- Develops reports for customers and assists with data analysis in order to meet business strategic needs.
- May assist in developing end-user training.
- Provide production support and maintenance functions for specific client area as assigned by management.
Additional Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Accountabilities and Essential Functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned, within your scope of responsibilities.
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All BCBSLA EMPLOYEES please apply through Workday Careers.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Please be sure to monitor your email frequently for communications you may receive during the recruiting process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those most qualified will be contacted. To monitor the status of your application, please visit the “My Applications” section in the Candidate Home section of your Workday account.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
In support of our mission to improve the health and lives of Louisianians, Blue Cross encourages the good health of its employees and visitors. We want to ensure that our employees have a work environment that will optimize personal health and well-being. Due to the acknowledged hazards from exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, and in order to promote good health, our company properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana performs background and pre-employment drug screening after an offer has been extended and prior to hire for all positions. As part of this process records may be verified and information checked with agencies including but not limited to the Social Security Administration, criminal courts, federal, state, and county repositories of criminal records, Department of Motor Vehicles and credit bureaus. Pursuant with sec 1033 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, individuals who have been convicted of a felony crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust are prohibited from working in the insurance industry unless they obtain written consent from their state insurance commissioner.
Additionally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is a Drug Free Workplace. A pre-employment drug screen will be required and any offer is contingent upon satisfactory drug testing results.