We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
Under minimal supervision (with wide latitude for independent judgment) design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Service as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This role does not manage people
- This job reports to: Departmental Leadership
- Necessary Contacts: To do this job effectively the incumbent has to be in contact with all levels of BCBSLA personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 4 years of software development experience required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of IT experience using general development technologies (i.e., C#, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Coding, XML, Informatica) or comparable computing language (i.e., .Net, BI, ERP) as approved by the hiring manager. Experience can run concurrently.
Preferred Qualifications for Enterprise Services Area Only:
- Experience with ERP systems (Workday, PeopleSoft, other preferred).
- Experience with system and data integration (Workday integrations, SSIS, Informatica, Azure Data Factory, APIM) and systems modernization preferred.
- Experience coordinating technical solutions elements from multiple and diverse organizational disciplines preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically, balance long and short-term priorities. Requires the knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex, logical problems
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with clients; establish strong working relationships with business and technology partners at all levels; exercise sound judgment; collaborate effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors
- Must understand and have experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of business operations and key business drivers (or aptitude to develop understanding quickly)
- The candidate must be flexible in terms of working practices as the role requires on call rotation which might include some evening, weekend and holiday work
Licenses and Certifications
- None Required
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Gather information from stakeholders to document functional, system, and data requirements
- Assess available technologies and create detailed technical specifications or data models for development of new or modifications to existing internal applications or systems
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, trouble shoots, and documents on new or existing core administration integrated information systems with moderate supervision at various levels of complexity to maintain quality enterprise business solutions of application architectures
- Produces quality enterprise information systems of application architectures that meet or exceed client expectations on operations and strategic projects
- Develop and maintain internal systems or applications involving various programming languages
- Maintain existing applications by fixing defects, adding new functionality, and upgrading components
- Perform testing, analysis, and debugging on applications and systems to identify and fix problems
- Use development specifications to create detailed test cases. Analyze results of testing to ensure technology solution matches the organization’s business needs
- Train or contribute to training of stakeholders and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented technologies
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools
- Provide support to the testing team on an as needed basis
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues
- Maintain configuration management
Additional Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Accountabilities and Essential Functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All BCBSLA EMPLOYEES please apply through Workday Careers.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Please be sure to monitor your email frequently for communications you may receive during the recruiting process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those most qualified will be contacted. To monitor the status of your application, please visit the “My Applications” section in the Candidate Home section of your Workday account.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana performs background and pre-employment drug screening after an offer has been extended and prior to hire for all positions. As part of this process records may be verified and information checked with agencies including but not limited to the Social Security Administration, criminal courts, federal, state, and county repositories of criminal records, Department of Motor Vehicles and credit bureaus. Pursuant with sec 1033 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, individuals who have been convicted of a felony crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust are prohibited from working in the insurance industry unless they obtain written consent from their state insurance commissioner.
Additionally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is a Drug Free Workplace. A pre-employment drug screen will be required and any offer is contingent upon satisfactory drug testing results.