Corporate – Baton Rouge, LA
We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well, be healthy, continue learning, develop skills, grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
Please note that effective Jan. 4, 2022, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana implemented a policy requiring any employee who enters any of our offices or who interacts in person with anyone for company business purposes to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions. At this time, that policy is suspended and vaccination is not required to enter our facilities. Please note this is subject to change at any point in time to ensure compliance with company policy or government mandates and certain client facing roles may have separate protocols.
Residency in or relocation to Louisiana is preferred for all positions.
The Talent Sourcing Partner reports to the Manager, Talent Sourcing and Programs to manage, develop, facilitate and coordinate the sourcing of candidates in partnership with our Talent Acquisition Partners and Talent Programs Partner. This role is responsible for identifying and recruiting candidates with highly technical and specialized skills to fill current or future vacancies. They will primarily interact with potential candidates personally or online, and schedule interviews with HR staff members.
- This role does not manage people
- This job reports to: Departmental Leadership
- Necessary Contacts: This position is a hybrid role based in Louisiana. The location of the role will be based on departmental needs and reports to the Manager, Talent Sourcing and Programs.
Additionally in regular contact with the following:
Various HR department staff in areas including Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, HRIS and Compensation.
This role works closely with talent acquisition partners, hiring managers, applicants, external partners, and HR team members.
Various internal departments and staff throughout the BCBSLA organization.
Applicants and external partners.
- Bachelor’s Human Resources, business, public relations, sales/marketing or related field is required.
- Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years of experience in corporate recruiting, human resources, sales, community relations, and/or university relations experience required.
- Must have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Workday experience is preferred.
- Experience with Handshake, LinkedIn Recruiter, or LinkedIn Insights is preferred.
- Must have work experience that demonstrates the use of tact and diplomacy in applicant, regulatory agency, employee, peer and management interactions.
- Work experience must demonstrate the application of recruiting principles, negotiation skills, the ability to work independently and the execution of strong decision-making skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of employment law, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations, and recruiting processes is required.
- Ability to create Boolean queries to source passive candidates.
- Must have experience with all Microsoft Suite Products specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency under tight details with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, multitask, problem solve and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all information is required.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills with the ability to interpret and communicate information with tact, diplomacy, patience and professionalism in addition to effective human relations skills.
- Ability to address multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to travel occasionally within and/or outside of the state to district office locations, meetings, conferences, training, seminars, etc.
- Extended workday/workweek to meet customer’s needs. Some overnight travel is required.
Licenses and Certifications
- None Required
- Responsible for planning and executing outreach initiatives focused on job fairs and external hiring events to include groups but not limited to diversity, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Identify future talent needs and proactively sources for open positions by maintaining a pipeline for future opportunities by identifying and utilizing sourcing strategies through social media, search engines, networking, and other various tools.
- Effectively utilizing Handshake, LinkedIn Recruiter, and/or LinkedIn Insights tool to proactively source candidates for entry level and experienced roles.
- Responsible for the creation of email campaigns to source for passive candidates.
- Responsible for the creation of social media campaigns centered around the employee value proposition/talent acquisition/culture.
- Responsible for the creation of surveys, dashboards and metrics to track the performance of sourcing initiatives in conjunction with the Manager, Talent Sourcing and Programs.
- Provide back-up support to the Talent Programs Partner duties as needed, including but not limited to, scheduling interviews, posting jobs and onboarding talent.
- Assist Director, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Development, Manager, Talent Acquisition and the Manager, Talent Sourcing and Programs and other HR personnel on ad hoc projects as directed.
Additional Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Accountabilities and Essential Functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned, within your scope of responsibilities.
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
All BCBSLA EMPLOYEES please apply through Workday Careers.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
Please be sure to monitor your email frequently for communications you may receive during the recruiting process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those most qualified will be contacted. To monitor the status of your application, please visit the “My Applications” section in the Candidate Home section of your Workday account.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
In support of our mission to improve the health and lives of Louisianians, Blue Cross encourages the good health of its employees and visitors. We want to ensure that our employees have a work environment that will optimize personal health and well-being. Due to the acknowledged hazards from exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, and in order to promote good health, our company properties are smoke and tobacco free.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana performs background and pre-employment drug screening after an offer has been extended and prior to hire for all positions. As part of this process records may be verified and information checked with agencies including but not limited to the Social Security Administration, criminal courts, federal, state, and county repositories of criminal records, Department of Motor Vehicles and credit bureaus. Pursuant with sec 1033 of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, individuals who have been convicted of a felony crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust are prohibited from working in the insurance industry unless they obtain written consent from their state insurance commissioner.
Additionally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is a Drug Free Workplace. A pre-employment drug screen will be required and any offer is contingent upon satisfactory drug testing results.