Manages a team to identify, recruit, select and place qualified candidates for management, professional and technical positions. Develops and implements recruitment and employment programs.
BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
- Directing, motivating and developing staff, maximizing individual contributions and supporting professional growth.
- Managing recruitment and employment programs; implementing improvements to staffing processes, including sourcing and selection.
- Developing recruitment best practices which support the organization’s goals and direction.
- Working with management to ensure the timely understanding of current and future workforce needs; evaluating and providing advice on these needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience in a corporate environment
- 7 years – Experience in Human Resources required
- 3 years – Leadership experience or development of HR initiatives/HR project management required, to include direct supervision experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and numerous personnel simultaneously
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to design, implement and interpret metrics for measuring program effectiveness.
- Strong analytical skills with sound statistical and/or business acumen.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, new developments and applicable laws regarding Human Resources and business issues.
Job Specific Requirements:
While this position is work from home, the selected candidate will need to be able to come on site regularly for some HR related meetings and interactions. They will also need to be able to meet with the immigration coordinator to sign documents related to immigration and sponsorship employees.
Experience with OFCCP requirements preferred.
PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP, or SHRM SCP certification a plus.
Workday experience a plus.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statements:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST’s EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
All applicants will be advised that BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotine and/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.