Meridian – Main
Blue Cross of Idaho is seeking an intern to join our HR team Summer 2024. This opportunity will allow an intern to gain an understanding of data analytics, requirement gathering, and Human Resource Information System.
This paid internship will be located at the Meridian Corporate campus.
What we are looking for in an intern:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, preferably a junior or senior standing student Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving skills
- Analytical Mindset – able to analyze data, identify problems and trends
- Varying levels of experience and exposure in analytical or business intelligence software solutions – Excel, SQL, R, Tableau
- Database relationship and management knowledge
- Eye for data visualization – ability to create easy-to-understand data analysis visualizations
- Domain knowledge or interest in Human Resources or HR/People Analytics
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Communication and presentation skills
- Independent learner – self-motivator and curiosity for learning
What you will learn on this internship:
- Human Resources (HR) day-to-day activities, structure, and operating activities
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) role and responsibilities
- Workday HCM administration and support.
- Report development in Workday or other data analysis tool.
- Data visualization by using visual elements like charts and graphs.
- How to collect and organize source data.
- Conduct analysis of HR data for issues and trends.
- Requirement gathering techniques for reporting and system development.
- Provide insight from research of HR Technologies.
- Work with HR Service Owners to determine priorities and support needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.