Blue Yonder Title
Vice President, Application Development
US – Remote
***Ability to travel up to 25% depending on location***
Blue Yonder is seeking a VP Application Development. This position will be reporting into the Chief Information Officer and will lead with a team accountable for all aspects of Application Delivery, Data Management, Business Application and Data Strategies including Business Transformation, Cognitive and Generative AI.
Responsible for leading all aspects of configuration, development and support for internally created or vendor supplied application software, including the development methodologies, technologies (language and support tools), development, testing hardware/software environments, change and configuration management and management of the application staff and project workload. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with all lines of business on their application requirements.
- This position will provide leadership and vision along with continuous advancements aiding in the advancement of business value and business optimization.
- Transforming Blue Yonder to a leading SaaS organization by enabling business agility and maintaining strong vendor and technology partner relationships.
- Ensures that key metrics are provided to measure internal and external operational level agreements to provide quality, reliable applications; including SaaS, data warehousing, business intelligence and machine learning.
- The VP applications will interface closely and develop strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, executive leadership, internal department heads, vendors and partners.
- Accountable for performance, relationships, contracts and cost structures pertaining to delivery of technology solutions supporting our internal business.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong technical and business acumen which placed equal balance on business enablement and customer service.
- Continuous improvement of existing processes and solutions with an innovative mindset that will lead to efficiencies, increased compliance and reduction in overall support needs via automation.
- This global role will lead resources across all geographic regions while driving a cultural shift to DevOps and Agile delivery.
- Partner with C-suite and their direct leadership teams to create a robust Business Capability and Enterprise Application roadmaps. Drives awareness, marketing of the roadmap and supporting projects while aligning with overall corporate objectives. Take the abstract of this roadmap down to threads of executional framework.
- Aligns with key stakeholders to refine business cases and success criteria for emerging projects, ensuring that initiatives align with technical roadmaps while delivering anticipated ROI.
- Oversee the success of Application Development projects in alignment with Enterprise portfolio and integrated with Blue Yonder short term and long-term goals.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand current and future requirements; suggest solutions and alternatives – Transformation of business processes through technology.
- Routinely engages with external resources, peers and partners to bring innovative, external best practice ideas to all areas of Blue Yonder business.
- Implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and reliability of applications, software, data and other technology solutions.
- Establish and operationalize business value driven metrics, operational metrics and SLAs to support reliable, efficient operating capabilities.
- Manage large programs, capital and operating budgets.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives and projects are well executed, striving to make and meet commitments while measuring ROI realization.
- Cultivate a deep breadth of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth with business continuity and succession in mind.
- Able to attract, develop and retain talent while building high performing software development teams.
- Able to foster a Say/Do culture, one of transparency, a sense of purpose among the team and stakeholders while establishing clear accountabilities and metrics.
- BA/BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering, applied math; advanced degree preferred Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 15+ years of senior leadership experience, preferable working with technologies within the SaaS and High-tech industries.
- 10 Years+ experience in CRM, CLM, L2C, HRIS platforms is a must.
- Prior experience with Workday, Salesforce, Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow, Snowflake is required
- A minimum of 5 years working in the High-tech industry.
- Has successfully led development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications optimized to run in the cloud or virtualized environments.
- Deep knowledge of data architecture, system architecture, technical design, system and software development technology.
- Expertise with managing application development at scale, employing SDLC methodologies including Agile, Scrum and business aligned DevOps.
- Has knowledge and expertise in emerging trends and developments in SaaS, GPT, AI/ML, Mobility API, RPA and other digital technologies.
- Skilled at setting and communicating priorities effectively; able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Skilled at removing barriers and acting with a sense of urgency and encouraging others to so.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Superior product management competencies and efficiently manage matrix teams that are organized as product specific squads.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and manage large scale vendor negotiations.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- An exceptional listener, able to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, J-Sox and/or key controls pertaining to IT & data management.
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement.
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and evolving environment.
The salary range for this position is $159,300 – $243,000
The salary range information provided, reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual salary will be commensurate with skills, experience, certifications or licenses and other relevant factors. In addition, this role will be eligible to participate in either the annual performance bonus or commission program, determined by the nature of the position.
At Blue Yonder, we care about the wellbeing of our employees and those most important to them. This is reflected in our robust benefits package and options that includes:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision
401K with Matching
Flexible Time Off
Corporate Fitness Program
A variety of voluntary benefits such as; Legal Plans, Accident and Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance and much more
At Blue Yonder, we are committed to a workplace that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging in which everyone can share their unique voices and talents in a safe space. We continue to be guided by our core values and are proud of our diverse culture as an equal opportunity employer. We understand that your career search may look different than others, and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience.
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Diversity, Inclusion, Value & Equality (DIVE) is our strategy for fostering an inclusive environment we can be proud of. Check out Blue Yonder's inaugural Diversity Report which outlines our commitment to change, and our video celebrating the differences in all of us in the words of some of our associates from around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.