Corporate Headquarters Manchester CT
Bob’s Finance and Business Planning team is seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join the team. The candidate will play a critical support role across multiple functions through the development of metrics, reporting, and data-based analysis. Key qualities for the role require critical thinking, strong communications, follow-up, and a continuous improvement mindset.
Who We Are
At Bob’s, we have fun, we love what we do, and it shows in our expansive growth! Bob’s Discount Furniture is more than just a furniture store. We are one of the fastest growing omni-channel furniture retailers in the country with 165 stores in 24 states.
How We Will Support You
At Bob’s we understand there are many companies you can choose to work for, so, along with exceptional opportunities for career growth we offer a fun team-oriented work environment and great benefits! Let us tell you more.
Benefits & Perks- We’ve got you covered! We believe in supporting our employees and their families in the best ways possible is a top priority. We focus on three core wellness pillars: Emotional, Physical and Financial. Below are just some of the benefits that we offer:
- Feeling under the weather, we’ve got you covered! We offer Nationally provided Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Holidays, work anniversary and your Birthday! After all, your birthday should be a holiday
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with a Generous Company match!
- Pet Insurance to help keep your furry friends happy and healthy
- Life insurance – Employer-paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- Financial Planning, Voluntary Legal Benefits and Wellness Plans
- We already offer value priced furniture, but on top of that we offer a Generous Employee Discount starting on your 1st day!
- Additional Employee Discounts through the “Hays Perks discount program” offering hundreds of online discounts from your favorite merchants.
- And so much more!
Culture and Core Values- At Bob's we have a set of core values that shape the decisions we make every day and help define our company culture. These values comprise what we call "The Bob's Way." Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Community, Safety, Diversity, Accountability and Fun.
DIVERSITY IS A CORE VALUE AT BOB’S
At Bob’s Discount Furniture, we want you to feel at home. Whether you’re shopping with us or a part of the Bob’s team, we want you to know that you are valued, appreciated, and free to be who you are.
We are committed to creating a place as diverse as the communities we serve.
Learn and Grow- We believe in developing our team members and helping them grow both personally and professionally! We promote Professional Development: In-person, virtually and offer an infinite library of on-demand classes in Workday Learning. We also offer Tuition Reimbursement as well as the BDF Education Foundation Scholarship Program open to employees and their dependents. Want to grow at Bob’s professionally? We look to promote from within our organization by having robust succession planning in place to ensure that our team members have the opportunity to advance their careers.
- Be a power user of different information systems including SAP, Oracle Cloud ERP, and Power BI to give fast and accurate insight through analysis of key drivers
- Use this expertise to help the business develop various analytics and reporting capabilities, as well as to drive efficiencies in existing processes
- Aid in the building out of reporting for new metrics and ways of viewing the business in accordance with initiatives and business needs
- Develop standard work and analytic processes. With time, improve on these processes for speed and efficiency
- Strong understanding of accounting close and GAAP principles to interpret what is influencing financial results
- Actively perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis
- Independently able to verify quality of reporting and accuracy
- Able to summarize findings concisely and clearly in written and verbal form
- Train to become a backup to the Oracle ERP finance admin
- Exceptional and advanced Excel skills. Highly structured in organizing data and constructing informed analysis
- Thrive in a high performance, fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment often in ambiguous circumstances while prioritizing business needs
- Balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with supervision
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills with a high emphasis on quality of work – including accuracy, connection to business drivers and clarity to end customers
- Demonstrate high level of intellectual curiosity that translates into new approaches to business issues
- Past experience at a retail or ecommerce business is a plus
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting financial documents and financial modeling.
- Ability to work with large datasets
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Engineering, Economics, or related field
- 3 years of experience developing business analysis and strategies
- Exceptional excel skills (conditional formulas, index/match, pivot tables) and proficiency in working with different systems to retrieve and analyze data
- Experience with Power BI, Oracle ERP/Smartview/Hyperion preferred
- Experience with any additional reporting/analytical tools a strong plus
Salary Range: 52,000 – 65,000
Expected Base Pay Not Including Potential Commissions, Incentive, Bonus, etc. Opportunities:
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.