Corporate Headquarters Manchester CT
We are seeking a talented FP&A Manager to join our growing Finance Team! This is a unique opportunity for a proactive individual to help us enhance our retail margin understanding, and achieve our margin goals. This individual is expected to be highly proficient in analyzing and communicating results to Senior Leadership Team members. A background in retail is not required for this position. Financial planning and reporting experience, along with robust analytical and communication skills, is preferred.
Who We Are
At Bob’s, we have fun, we love what we do, and it shows in our expansive growth! Bob’s Discount Furniture is more than just a furniture store. We are one of the fastest growing omni-channel furniture retailers in the country with 165 stores in 24 states.
How We Will Support You
At Bob’s we understand there are many companies you can choose to work for, so, along with exceptional opportunities for career growth we offer a fun team-oriented work environment and great benefits! Let us tell you more.
Benefits & Perks- We’ve got you covered! We believe in supporting our employees and their families in the best ways possible is a top priority. We focus on three core wellness pillars: Emotional, Physical and Financial. Below are just some of the benefits that we offer:
- Feeling under the weather, we’ve got you covered! We offer Nationally provided Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Holidays, work anniversary and your Birthday! After all, your birthday should be a holiday
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with a Generous Company match!
- Pet Insurance to help keep your furry friends happy and healthy
- Life insurance – Employer-paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance as well!
- Financial Planning, Voluntary Legal Benefits and Wellness Plans
- We already offer value priced furniture, but on top of that we offer a Generous Employee Discount starting on your 1st day!
- Additional Employee Discounts through the “Hays Perks discount program” offering hundreds of online discounts from your favorite merchants.
- And so much more!
Culture and Core Values- At Bob's we have a set of core values that shape the decisions we make every day and help define our company culture. These values comprise what we call "The Bob's Way." Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, Community, Safety, Diversity, Accountability and Fun.
DIVERSITY IS A CORE VALUE AT BOB’S
At Bob’s Discount Furniture, we want you to feel at home. Whether you’re shopping with us or a part of the Bob’s team, we want you to know that you are valued, appreciated, and free to be who you are.
We are committed to creating a place as diverse as the communities we serve.
Learn and Grow- We believe in developing our team members and helping them grow both personally and professionally! We promote Professional Development: In-person, virtually and offer an infinite library of on-demand classes in Workday Learning. We also offer Tuition Reimbursement as well as the BDF Education Foundation Scholarship Program open to employees and their dependents. Want to grow at Bob’s professionally? We look to promote from within our organization by having robust succession planning in place to ensure that our team members have the opportunity to advance their careers.
- Analyze and recommend margin strategies based on current performance and initiates analysis.
- Collaborate with Merchandising to develop and communicate comprehensive strategy that aligns to future financial product opportunities.
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Inventory, and Finance to incorporate the on-boarding of new products, retirement of old products, customer-specific inventory requirements, and pricing into the margin planning process and recommendations.
- Be the Finance Business partner to Operations for Warranty, Delivery, and other Gross Margin analysis.
- Manage Gross Margin and Delivered Sales Analytics: execute a roadmap for analytics and testing to develop a nuanced and actionable understanding of margin and sales dynamics on each relevant Category and DMA.
- The preferred candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations, or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in an FP&A environment Business intelligence, data warehouse, and planning tool software experience.
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to identify data needs and to efficiently organize and report on large data sets in Excel as well as in internal systems (e.g. Power BI, SAP BW).
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting financial documents and financial modeling.
- Ability to use historical trends to develop dynamic forecasting models.
- Thrive in a high performance, fast‐paced environment, balancing multiple projects and meeting necessary deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to leverage data in disparate systems and determine/confirm the accuracy of such data.
- Experience preparing reports/presentations for Senior Management.
- Experience collaborating with Senior Leaders on a day-to-day basis
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to see, and model current and future states.
- Effective and persuasive in leading change, and supporting growing teams within a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- An analytical mindset that can provide meaningful input on both qualitative and quantitative strategic business issues.
- Strong presence with the ability to lead change and drive execution.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $123,000
Expected Base Pay Not Including Potential Commissions, Incentive, Bonus, etc. Opportunities:
Bob’s Discount Furniture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.