Benefits and Leaves Administration Supervisor
As a professional in shared delivery, you have the experience and skills to ensure our Delivery Hub operations are effective, efficient, timely, and valuable for internal and external clients. You know how to interface with internal and external customers and leadership to understand needs and gain insight on shared delivery performance. Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
You will be providing leadership support for escalated Human Resources inquiries from employees and vendors within the response service level agreement. Educate and provide policy guidance on People Services related inquiries to teams and customers. As Supervisor of the Benefits and Leaves Administration team, your team will perform administrative, transactional, and vendor management activities, including supporting retirement processing, benefits reporting, service award administration, leave of absence and return to work, and complex life-cycle transactions associated with FMLA, STD, LTD, and Military Leave.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Oversee and supervise a team of Benefits and Leaves Specialists who provide customer service and support to employees, managers, vendors, and government agencies escalated benefit and leaves inquires and reporting.
- Ensures team’s inquiry volume is managed, transactions are completed timely and accurately, and customer service standards are met.
- Directs the distribution of work activity among the team in order to maintain a balance of activity and perform quality assurance checks on employee transactions.
- Oversees and manages vendor activity in support of the work required to be accomplished.
- Provides coaching and guidance to improve staff performance and capabilities, and identifies training needs.
- Develops staff in technical and soft skills.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service, teamwork, and accountability.
- Responsible for teams’ performance goals and leads efforts to continuously improve service delivery.
- Maintains quality operations by monitoring and reviewing calls, reviewing case notes, and reviewing individual and team performance to determine areas for improvement.
- Ensures sensitive information handled by the team remains confidential and protects personal information when processing all transactions and addressing employee inquiries, in line with the organization’s data privacy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental practices and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Ready to build the future of shared delivery for the better?
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience with managing or leading a team in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Service Center and shared service technology procedures and best practices
- Ability to manage teams, clients, stakeholders, and workflow in a service center environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with COE partners as well as the business sectors to improve delivery
- Ability to address performance issues through key performance metrics and technical efficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with supervising in a Help Desk or Contact Center environment with benefits and leave administration
- Experience with successfully transitioning work from Center of Expertise (COE) teams to centralized shared services teams
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow or comparable tools
- Ability to foster a friendly and professional attitude to quickly develop rapport with team and customers
- Possession of strong coaching, research, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $65,300.00 to $149,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.