HR System and Data Specialist
As a professional in shared delivery, you have the experience and skills to ensure our Delivery Hub operations are effective, efficient, timely, and valuable for internal and external clients. You know how to interface with internal and external customers and leadership to understand needs and gain insight on shared delivery performance.
As part of the Workforce Administration team you will perform administration of complex transactions, and data and records management in support of HR and HRIS functions. This includes processing complex life-cycle transactions such as manual hires, complex job changes, severance processing, and calculations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- You will be responsible for the HR individual data changes, mass data updates, manual hires, and termination activities.
- Work with individual data changes to include retroactive changes, corrections, rescinding transactions and manual transactions to update data.
- Manage mass data updates to include organizational, pay-impacting, job changes, contingent workers and job requisitions.
- Process terminations in Workday and conduct exit interviews with outgoing employees.
- Supervisory organization, Career Manager, Job Leader Workday management.
- Send outprocessing documents to employee(s) for involuntary terms as well as voluntary that are high risk and access termed.
- Maintain and audit personnel files to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain reusable end-user training and documentation materials for Workday.
- Complete disciplinary actions in system.
- Ensure sensitive information remains confidential and protects personal information when processing all transactions and addressing employee inquiries, in line with the organizations data privacy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental practices and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Ready to build the future of shared delivery for the better? Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service supporting human resources in HR administration, transactional and data management, and reporting activities
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Excel to create business spreadsheets, organize large amounts of information, and perform complex computations, including the use of pivot tables, vlookups, editing ranges, and creating unique formulas
- Ability to build strong relationships with COE partners as well as the business sectors to improve delivery
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience working in a Help Desk or Contact Center environment with reporting
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with applying detailed focus on data and process to ensure data integrity
- Ability to work independently and multi-task through to completion
- Ability to use multiple applications and databases in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly via email or phone
- Possession of strong active listening skills
- Possession of strong research and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $52,100.00 to $119,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees. This posting will close within 90 days from the Posting Date.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.