Auburn Hills – Michigan – USA
HRIS Intern – Corporate
Auburn Hills, Michigan
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together talented employees, meaningful work, and amazing technology in a unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority, we care about our local communities and the global environment. BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture, technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with BorgWarner now!
Performs and coordinates a variety of activities in the administration of Human Resource Information Systems (“HRIS”) within established policies and procedures at the BorgWarner Inc. World Headquarters. The position is a key resource in the support of the HRIS Helpdesk, maintenance of data within the department and assists in the overall efficiency of workflow. The incumbent will be working with the industry’s state-of-the-art HRIS technology, Workday.
- Provides support for the Global HRIS Helpdesk. Support can include but not limited to basic configuration support, questions from HR Staff End Users, data corrections, and security assignments
- Performs monthly Workday data quality audits
- Works with large data sets and manipulates the data in Excel
- Performs mass data uploads into Workday system
- Assists with the maintenance of HRIS training material
- Assists with projects
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate student attending an accredited university with major emphasis in Computer Information Systems or related field
- Full year internship. We offer a flexible schedule to accommodate classes
- Hybrid worker (Partially in office/ Partially remote)
- Independent, self-motivated worker
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable with numerical and analytical tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
What we believe
- Inclusion-We value diversity in people, ideas, and experiences.
- Integrity– We believe in transparency, authenticity, and depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence– We contribute to our developments by seeking knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility– We care about our local communities and the global environment.
- Collaboration– We are one BorgWarner.
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner PTC Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and coworkers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
BorgWarner does provide sponsorship for employment visa status based on business need. However, for this role, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
No Unauthorized Referrals from Recruiters & Vendors
Please note that BorgWarner and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers from third party recruiters or staffing agencies associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to BorgWarner will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have the authority to engage or authorize recruiting services, which must be agreed upon before the unsolicited resume or offer is received.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world.
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit www.borgwarner.com
Internal Use Only: Indirect Hourly
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Career Scam Disclaimer: BorgWarner makes no representations or guarantees regarding employment opportunities listed on any third-party website. To protect against career scams, job applicants should take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting employment positions allegedly offered by BorgWarner. Applicants should never provide their national ID numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, bank account information or other private information when communicating with prospective employers or responding to employment opportunities online. Job applicants are invited to contact BorgWarner through BorgWarner’s website to verify the authenticity of any employment opportunities.