Provides employment and recruitment services for exempt and non-exempt positions in order to contribute to the goal of attracting and retaining the most qualified and productive employees to the Boston Medical Center. Builds partnerships with various levels of management with assigned departments to recruit the most qualified talent. Develops and implements recruiting strategies from both a tactical and strategic perspective. Utilizes the Workday System to perform recruitment functions.
Position: Talent Acquisition Partner
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Reviews and screens applicants daily to ensure the most qualified candidates are forwarded to the hiring managers in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the interview process with the hiring managers.
- Accurately targets desired skill set and behaviors through behavioral based interviewing.
- Manages the applicant experience through the hiring process to guarantee timely communication and excellent customer service.
- Extends all offers of employment and ensures compliance of all pre-employment requirements.
- Oversees the on-boarding process to include: scheduling of OEM (Occupational and Environment Medicine) appointment(s) and scheduling of NEO (New Employee Orientation.)
- Educates hiring managers about the recruiting and on-boarding process, while supporting the Boston Medical Center diversity hiring goals.
- Maintains frequent and open communication with hiring managers regarding recruitment efforts for posted vacancies.
- Acts as a business partner to educate hiring managers on the most cost effective recruitment strategies.
- Maintains current knowledge of assigned business units to efficiently and effectively recruit.
Creative Recruitment Management:
- Creates cost effective marketing and branding strategies to attract quality applicants and specialized hires that recognize BMC as an “employer of choice.”
- Researches target employee groups and promotes BMC through relevant professional organizations, association memberships and trade groups.
- Networks with academic institutions, degree programs and outplacement firms. Coordinates college recruiting initiatives, attends career fairs and identifies opportunities for community outreach.
- Meets with hiring managers and consults with new hires to gather data for successful recruiting (i.e. Workday reports to investigate common referral sources and trends.)
- Leads strategic social and professional networking and sourcing initiatives to build a pipeline for future targeted hires.
- Works collaboratively with Compensation and hiring managers to assure that the position description is a current and accurate reflection of the position before posting.
- Reviews salary expectations and relevant work experience with candidates.
- Consults with Compensation and hiring managers to identify appropriate compensation levels based on candidate experience, market and equity within non-represented and represented job classifications.
- Works with Compensation and management to identify market pay issues affecting the organizations ability to attract qualified candidates.
- Facilitates and processes internal employment transitions including promotions, demotions, transfers and reclassifications associated with a requisition.
- Extends all formal employment offers and negotiates salary with Compensation and candidates. Consults with hiring manager regarding sign-on bonuses and relocation allowances.
- Supports department and business unit, on system-wide requirements for compliance with BMC policies.
- Supports regulatory and accreditation related programs, as well as quality/performance improvement efforts throughout the organization.
- Manages all required licensure and certifications for new employees, ensuring they are current, and that the required documentation is submitted for employee file.
- Ensures compliance with BMC job posting policy.
- Manages OFCCP compliance process for all open positions- to include candidate coding and consultation with hiring managers on correct OFCCP processes and procedures.
- Manages recruitment process to ensure compliance with all federal and state employment law.
- Manages hiring process to ensure that all labor contracts are being observed.
- Partners with Recruiting Administrators/Front Desk Receptionist to ensure that all new hire paperwork is complete, accurate and compliant.
Project & Initiative Management:
- Remains current with HR policies and procedures.
- Coaches and mentors assigned Recruiting Administrators in the development of needed skills to further efficiencies in the recruiting and on-boarding process.
- Understands and improves upon department processes to create a more streamlined and efficient hiring process.
- Utilizes operational analysis, trending, benchmarking and research to support leadership and managers in the effective projections for staffing/personnel needs.
- Serves as consultant with Leadership, Management and Talent Services in the development of effective recruitment, on-boarding and retention strategies.
- Serves as project lead for staffing related initiatives as assigned. These projects will be driven by the HR strategic plan.
Must adhere to all of BMC’s RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of high volume recruiting experience for exempt and non-exempt positions with significant experience recruiting for positions at all levels in an organization.
- Minimum of one (1) year of previous healthcare recruiting experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience utilizing an applicant tracking system is required.
- Experience with online and Internet recruiting a must.
- Experience with an HRIS system such as SAP or Lawson is a plus
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment is a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build value-added relationships with individuals at all levels while providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent judgment, with strong analytical and detail-oriented skills, is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.