Chester – GB
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all assigned multiple countries payroll services to ensure compliant with the organization and legal requirements; manage vendor relationships; respond to the payroll operations queries. The BMS HR Service Delivery Model is a shared service outsourced model and this role will interface with business partners, Compensation, Savings Plan & Benefits, Financial Shared Services General Accounting, as well as our outsourced payroll providers. The position is also responsible for the upload of multiple countries payroll related data onto the required payroll vendor online tools, downloading of the payroll outputs, distribution to the relevant individuals or teams within the BMS business.
· Ensure all assigned multiple countries payrolls are processed timely and accurately
· Implement processes improvements related to multiple countries payroll delivery
· Provide Tier 2 support to all assigned multiple countries payroll query ensuring responses are dealt with in a timely manner. Where required. follow up with vendors or escalate to Regional Payroll Manager
· Use global payroll tools and prepare appropriate payroll calculations to ensure proper payroll processing
· Serve as a subject matter expert for time and attendance.
· Facilitate and participate in governance process used for analysis and approval of multiple countries payroll work requests and projects.
· Collaborate with Savings Plan & Benefits to understand the savings and benefits calculations and the impact on payroll calculation.
· Coordinate with Outsourced Service Provider regarding all policies, programmes and processes related to payroll.
· Work with the BMS HR Service Delivery Team to ensure service provider is achieving SLA’s
· Assess the delivery impact of any HR management policy changes, regulatory or compliance changes may have on the service provider and BMS Payroll operations;
· Aid in overseeing the implementation of payroll system solutions for acquisitions.
· Interface with Total Rewards COE to identify and address any administrative needs related to global compensation and benefit programs. Leverage expertise to produce solutions that enable global consistency and standardization and facilitate exceptional performance.
· Proactively develop and maintain technical knowledge in payrolls remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices
· Interface with payroll and benefits vendors, as needed, to ensure compliance with established procedures.
· Analyse vendor SLAs and maintain a scorecard to communicate performance to global process leaders and regional delivery leads.
Must have requirements:
· Payroll Operations experience for multiple countries is required or equivalent
· Experience in Service Centre and with a third party service provider environment and / or HR & payroll outsource environment or equivalent
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Degree preferred in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent
· Experience with end-to -end payroll processing including: time management, leave administration, registration, pay processing, payroll taxes, reporting, and experience dealing with payroll queries and issues from employees
· Must be customer-focused and comfortable working with a diverse group of people
· Knowledgeable of MS Office suite, particularly Excel.
· Workday end-user experience
· Experience working in a Shared Services environment Comprehensive knowledge of Payroll, Payroll Tax, and Payroll Accounting and related end to end processes.
· ADP Streamline expertise including integration points with Organizational Management and Personnel Administration and Finance.
· Language requirements: Fluent in English, one of the European languages would be a plus
· The candidate must have ability to manage multiple tasks, be well organised, and have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding deadlines.
· Strong project management and leadership skills are very desirable.
· Strong, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are vital.
· The successful candidate must be a self starter, highly motivated, and work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to analyze and diagnose situations and create innovative solutions to ensure organization effectiveness.
· Ability to see the “big picture”.
· Ability to influence the actions of others through collaborative working relationships. Desire to work in a fast paced, change oriented, complex environment.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
· Knowledge and experience of using Workday HCM
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. If you require reasonable adjustments in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your enquiries to [email protected] Applicants can request an approval of an adjustment prior to accepting a job offer.