Tampa – FL – US
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
People Services HR Advisor (HRA) is a member of the Human Resources organization, and is the primary contact for our workforce seeking professional human resources support, after MyBMS. This role offers front office HR services, is the image of HR, and is the professional support to the business and the Employees.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Consults regarding the inquiry, works through options with the customer, and coaches through resolution
- Uses discretion, sound judgement and takes decisions as per appropriate, in order to determine the best method of resolution;
- Provides employees and managers with guidance and support for workforce management, payroll, performance management, employee relations, total rewards programs, employee life cycle transaction activities and systems, and other HR processes and policy advice; and
- Engages appropriate functional and / or technical specialists, to drive resolution of customer needs who require Tier 2 support
- Where Direct Access information was not sufficient, the HR Advisors provide the workforce with responses related their HR inquiry, or guide them regarding the needed HR transactions
- Perform intake of HR inquiries via multiple channels including case systems, chat or telephony (for urgent matters)
- Use discretion, sound judgement and select best method of resolution;
- Provide employees and managers, as well as the HRBPs, with policy and process advice, i.e. ways of working, small org design, etc. and works through options with the customer, and coaches through resolution.
- Have an excellent understanding of markets specific employment legislation and offer advise on how this applies to various situations for our workforce and processes. They ensure accurate policy representation in interconnected systems/processes and directly contribute to develop end-to-end processes which support HR operations
- Guide the employees and the managers to available resources, eg toolkits, SOPs, process details or training materials, as appropriate, and explain these to them as per needed and being relevant to their region including the applicable Global policies
- Triage inquiry to ensure full understanding, and engage appropriate functional HR teams when needed to drive resolution of customer needs which require deep specialized support, beyond the HR generalist abilities
- Directly participate to enhance and improve the content/FAQ/LWI based on the feedback received via case resolution, by collaborating with functional teams, COE or HRBP’s to achieve this
- Provide high touch customer service that meets expected service levels and business performance goals.
- Champion direct access processes by using change management skills to influence Managers and Employees
- Support HRBPs and the wider HR function with transactional and operational activities.
- Participate in various cross functional and cross regionals HR projects,
- Ensure proper documentation of inquiries, root cause, and resolutions. Investigate root cause of customer survey result and propose solutions to resolve issues or simplify processes, in order to improve overall HR service we provide to our workforce.
- Collaborate with all functional teams in order for People Service to collectively achieve TAT and FLR
- The HRAs identify and report cases trends or product trends to the management team and Senior HRAs and work collaboratively with them or other HR functional teams to improve the HR service we provide to our workforce.
- The HRAs provide feedback on customer issues and the knowledgebase
- Works collaboratively within the HR team to share ideas, ownership, and accountability for driving improvements and consistency of execution for key HR processes, across regions and functional areas
- The HRAs liaise with third party vendors as applicable to resolve customer inquiries.
- The HRAs participate in scheduled and ad hoc training or other forms of learning opportunities in order to improve policy and process acumen, and apply the learnings in executing their role, and to develop their own skills as per needed
- HRAs can also execute local regional specific tasks, such as translation support;
- On an ad-hoc basis, HRAs might be asked to manage People Doc and Workday transactions, time tracking management, and other relevant tasks as per needed
- Utilize various HCM to fulfil requests.
- Administer the rewards system to bulk process awards, extract reports, analyses information and apply corrections as per needed
Must have experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college specialized in HR
- Minimum of 2 years of human resources operational experience, at generalist level
- General knowledge and understanding of HR policies, processes and Regional Employment Laws
- Have worked in a rapid, fast-moving environment, which is both complex and changing.
- Practical operational experience of HR processes, e.g., hire, payroll, rewards, performance, employee relations
- Ability to use sound judgment when assessing requirements, in order to identify the right solution to meet business needs
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing tasks and priorities
- Ability to present either in writing or verbally, complex information in a clear and structured way to various stakeholders, such as employees, HR partners, management groups, business leaders
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of HR systems and processes
- Language requirements beyond English is a plus.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Ability to accurately assess situations through customer interactions in order to coach, guide, or interpret the appropriate action or next steps
- Experience in coaching others to build capabilities or enhance professional depth
- Experience working within an HR Shared Services delivery model
- Have worked in a multi-cultural/multi-country work environment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to [email protected] Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.