Chester – GB
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We can offer
- Flexible working – flexible start and finish times, 50% home/office working
- Domestic and international relocation support
- Visa sponsorship
- Career and qualifications support
- Work closely with the HR Capability Center team to ensure the integrity of the data entered into the Workday Human Capital Management System (HCM).
- Process new hire transactions, review job-change transactions generated from the ATS, and employee/manager direct access submissions to ensure that all data is accurately actioned on a timely basis.
- Responsible for basic foundational data maintenance including Supervisory organizations, Cost Center assignments, and Position Titles.
- Complete reports, documents, and forms that require specific data from the HCM system, including People Doc processes.
- Maintain and/or approve all data pertaining to employee records that are entered in Workday through Manager or Employee Direct Access.
- Creating the BIRT for new hires and Contingent workers
- Complete pending new hire transactions and job changes in Workday after the candidate is in Ready to Hire status in the ATS
- Review/approve/correct time and absences transactions and processes in Workday
- Support execution of employee movement, employee status, payroll, benefits/leaves, Performance Check-ins, and compensation processes, by maintaining the accurate and on time data in Workday
- Complete and monitor the processes related to the global and regional letters and the distribution and signature in People Doc
- Support the integrity of employee records and Workday data, assuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain supervisory organizations, organization assignments, and position titles in the Workday system
- Participate in the review of integration kickout reports from various systems and process updates in Workday based on the identified discrepancies
- Participate on ad-hoc projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly participate to enhance and improve the content/FAQ/LWI based on the feedback received via case resolution, by collaborating with functional teams
- Make process recommendations to achieve operational excellence
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training or other forms of learning opportunities to improve process acumen, and apply the learnings in executing the role, and to develop skills
- Work collaboratively within the HR team to share ideas, ownership, and accountability for driving improvements and consistency of execution for key HR processes, across regions and functional areas
- Identify and report cases trends or product trends to the management team and work collaboratively with them or other HR functional teams to improve the HR service we provide to our workforce.
- Provide the service to employees and managers by utilizing the case tool and collaborate with all functional teams for the People Service team to collectively achieve TAT and FLR
- Bachelor’s Degree / equivalent qualification in HR or experience working with HRIS/HCM systems
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, ability to manipulate data and an ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively
- Collaborates effectively in a team environment
Ideally, you would also have
- Knowledge of Workday
- Preferably but not required to have proficiency in one of the following languages: German Spanish, French, Italian or Dutch
- Experience working within an HR Shared Services delivery model
- Have worked in a multi-cultural/multi-country work environment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. If you require reasonable adjustments in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your enquiries to [email protected] Applicants can request an approval of an adjustment prior to accepting a job offer.