Americas > US > Louisiana > Lake Charles
A progressive HR professional who serves as an advisor and business partner to management and is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management. The Sr. HRBP will develop strong working relationships, communicating needs proactively with both the HR department and business management; seeking to develop integrated solutions that reflect the business objectives of the organization. This position will advise and support both US and international business units.
- Counsel and consult with managers and employees in a variety of human resources areas to include performance management, compensation, employee/team development, employee and labor relations, training, staffing and selection, HR policies and practices, talent management, and other issues that may impact the work environment.
- Under the direction of the HR Manager – Americas, the Senior HRBP is tasked with ensuring alignment between the business operations and the HR practices and objectives and has a keen understanding of the business’s strategy, providing dynamic solutions using experience, data analyses, and organizational agility to guide decision making.
- Provide employee relations support (coach, counsel, and advice) to management on HR issues, such as problem identification, resolution, conflict management and proactive identification of improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with HR team in designing, developing, and executing full cycle recruitment plans and talent sourcing strategies that guarantee the attraction, selection, and successful recruitment of potential talents that will further drive the achievement of staffing goals as well as the business’s overall objectives.
- Work as lead on succession plans for the Americas region to identify next-generation leaders. Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures and workforce planning.
- Act as a consultative resource, active member and collaborator and trusted advisor on the HR team.
- Act as mediator in conducting investigations and conflict resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Liaison to employees regarding benefits and medical insurance
- Implementing key people related strategies and initiatives.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provide compensation support including the development of job descriptions and salary structures using the company’s compensation philosophy
- Operating knowledge of HRIS is required.
- In partnership and direction from the HR Manager, actively participate in the negotiations of collective bargaining agreements, research, compile and analyze data for economic proposals during negotiations, investigate, evaluate and manage grievance procedures to handle complaints from unionized employees, and advise operational managers on compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
- Manage Drug and Alcohol Programs under FAA and FMCSA
- Function as a coach to managers to enhance leadership abilities, relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications and performance management.
- Ability to influence others and manage change at all levels of the organization regardless of reporting structure.
- Research best practices and employment law; and provide strategic recommendations based on data analysis and incorporation of appropriate metrics to measure outcomes.
- Drive company-wide HR programs and initiatives for assigned groups including annual salary and performance review, workforce planning and development, and organization change.
- Perform other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional, and courteous manner.
- Ability and desire to travel 30%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to influence employees and managers at all levels in the organization including coaching and influencing senior business leaders
- Previous experience partnering with the business, both domestically and internationally, in areas of workforce planning, employee engagement, change management, action planning, and talent management
- Strong business and operational acumen
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Exhibits strong facilitation skills, involving participants in presentations and soliciting and answering questions
- Experience leading complex projects and initiatives. A self-starter, capable of working under minimal supervision
- Knowledge/experience working with compensation principles, full life-cycle recruiting processes, and training & development
- Strong background in handling employee relations issues in exempt and non-exempt workforces; experience working with labor relations/unions is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills with experience developing and/or tracking HR metrics
- Experience in working with HRIS systems. Knowledge of Workday a plus.
- Personal commitment, integrity and highest-quality standards.
- High level of demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite to include Excel, Power Point and HR information systems
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is required. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive experience as a HR Business Partner, providing broad generalist HR advice.
- Maintains a high standard of work and ensures accuracy
- Works collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Promotes tolerance and inclusion among diverse groups and recognition of multiple views
- Maintains confidentiality, and communicates truthfully, respectfully, openly and honestly with others
- Sets and achieves goals; Works to achieve the standards of excellence identified by management
- Demonstrates a willingness to excel and be proficient in the position
- Understands the financial implications and rationale for actions
- Relates to others in an open and accepting manner by being friendly and approachable, demonstrating diplomacy and tact, and building rapport.
- Identifies and constructively addresses interpersonal conflict, disagreements or confrontations and facilitates communication between involved parties to minimize personal impact.
Bristow Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.