Americas > US > Louisiana > New Iberia
Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in payroll processes for the company’s multiple bi-weekly multi-site and multi-state payroll for 700+ employees. This will include an extensive variety of payroll activities including maintaining payroll records, reviewing and auditing timekeeping records, processing payroll, preparation of month end payroll journals and implementation and development of payroll reports.
- Processing multi-state payroll for 700 employees including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. Validate all data and payroll totals against final runs and payroll direct deposits.
- Partner with HR and benefits to ensure accurate and timely processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Assist with the development and processing of manual time sheets and integration of our new time tracking system into payroll.
- Prepare and analyze payroll data for management, internal and external audit including communication and follow-up.
- Prepare payroll and tax accruals for entry into our ERP system monthly.
- Assist with managing correspondence, handling incoming mail, maintaining time calendars, and calls concerning payroll matters for all employees (including international).
- Assist in the preparation of foreign Employee taxes and National Insurance calculations for foreign jurisdictions.
- Address payroll related issues using sound analytical, reasoning and judgement skills.
- Oversee workers compensation annual audit; Develop Compensation Data for renewals.
- Prepare and execute test plans to ensure that patches, modifications, and updates to the system are thoroughly tested before being migrated into production.
- Review patches, modifications, and updates to the system to determine impact on current functionality. Recommend system changes for improved workflow, compliance, and/or increased functionality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field
Three (3+) years’ experience processing high volume payroll.
The following skill sets are highly desired: • In depth technical and functional knowledge of Workday payroll• Extensive problem-solving experience working with all aspects of the technical system including troubleshooting and determining best alternatives for implementing new procedures. • Proven track record in gathering business requirements, providing change control management, and managing user expectations. • Experience working and communicating with various levels both within and outside an organization including senior management, steering committees, technical IT staff, and end-users. • Experience developing strong customer relations and managing customer expectations. . • Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. • Strong written and oral communication skills.
Computer literate and highly proficient in using MS office programs (Excel and Outlook) including pivot tables
Must be highly organized and able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
•Experience processing multi-frequency and multi-state payrolls.
•CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification).
Bristow Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.