St. Catharines, Main Campus
This position is part of the
OSSTF (Employee Group)
Careers are Built at Brock.
As a Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara, Brock University offers unique opportunities in leadership, teaching, research, student support services, and administration. We have a history of developing the strength and career potential of our employees.
We are on the cusp of something new and exciting. We are launching into our next 50 years and are looking for people with passion, energy, and a strong desire to help our students achieve their goals.
Experience Brock, experience success.
Experience the Benefits of Working at Brock.
Learning and career development are natural elements of an academic environment. At Brock, career development is ingrained in our culture. On average, 45- 60% of our staff position hires are a result of internal movement**. Our Senior Leadership, Staff, and Faculty help drive our collaborative culture. Learn more about how our employees feel about their employment experience at Brock University by visiting http://www.brocku.ca/careers/testmonials.
** 2016 metrics
Post End Date:
Note to all candidates: This posting will close at 12:01 am on the date listed .
January 26, 2022
**Please note this is a 25 hour per week, 12 month contract position with opportunity for renewal**
A Day in the Life…
The Research Administrator will provide support to the Infant, Child, and Youth Health Lab (INCH) Research Group based out of the INCH Lab at Brock University. The INCH Research Group has multiple sites and includes principal investigators from the University of Texas San Antonio and University of Queensland. The Administrative Assistant supports the coordination of schedules, research activities and support with administrative tasks required.
As the Research Administrator, you will:
- Respond to queries via telephone, mail, email and in person;
- Coordinate, resolve and/or reroute all inquires or issues to the appropriate person within the department;
- Liaise with INCH members and provide up-to-date information to support awareness of deadlines, general information, and day to day operations of the department;
- Administrative support including coordinating meetings/conference calls, preparing and distributing meeting agendas and materials, recording and distributing meeting minutes, ordering food/beverages, booking rooms, and reaching out to external contacts regarding information sessions;
- Maintain filing systems of all INCH-related research material, activities, and records, ensuring that all files are accurate and complete;
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of supplies for the INCH lab;
- Organize and coordinate data collection for multiple studies;
- Review research questionnaires to ensure they are completed accurately;
- Distribute research study packages and organize the returned study packages;
- Provide support for grant submissions and Research Ethics Submissions;
- Budget administration including monitoring and maintain lab budget/expense records, collecting information and helping to prepare study budget, and initiating and assisting with annual budget preparation;
- Prepare expense reports, financial transactions such as purchase orders, cheque requisitions, deposits, transfers, and wire payments as required.
What you need to Succeed…
- Post-secondary courses including computer applications, office administration, or related courses or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of two years working in an administrative role;
- Solid computer competency including word processing, spreadsheet, database, Workday (Finance and HR), Adaptive Planning system, DB BROCK, Brock Portal, Power BI, web applications and web maintenance, social media, internet search engines, graphics, and scheduling software;
- Ability to maintain accurate records, including financial record keeping;
- Excellent writing, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication, listening and comprehension skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with persons from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to establish priorities, organize own work, and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work projects and work flow;
- Strong initiative and ability to function as a self-starter;
- Flexible and adaptable with high energy and ability to deal with a changing work environment.
Preferred or Asset Skills:
- Experience in a University environment is an asset.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Job Grade G, OSSTF Salary Scale: $38,472 – $53,370
- This position includes comprehensive benefits pro-rated based on hours worked
This position is included in the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF) Union and:
– Salary is therefore determined by the OSSTF Collective Agreement.*
– New members shall be placed on the salary grid at the entry level.*
– It is Brock University’s policy to give first consideration to qualified internal Brock OSSTF applicants.
Please note that Brock University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are working on campus and/or in-person with other employees, students or members of the public. As a condition of being hired, employees in these types of roles will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption.
Brock University is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, Aboriginal peoples including those who identify as members of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, members of visible minorities and racialized groups, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) persons are encouraged to apply. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process, as outlined in the Employee Accommodation Policy https://brocku.ca/policies/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/Employment-Accommodation-Policy.pdf. Please advise: [email protected] to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
We appreciate all applications received; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At this time, initial interviews will be conducted virtually.
Learn more about Brock University by visiting www.brocku.ca