UK – Manchester
Brooks Automation, Inc.
At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity
European Region Payroll Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsibility for all aspects of payroll in the region including tax, comp & benefits. Manage relationships with external Payroll vendors, HRIS support team, and benefit providers. Manage direct reports and matrix reporting relationships with colleagues across HR, Payroll, Finance who are involved in processing payrolls.
- Ensure effective delivery of monthly payrolls across the region, including completion of daily transaction tasks for the country payrolls assigned to the post holder for processing.
- Management of the ADP Celergo Payroll using the model of integration with Workday HCM and Absence/Time Tracking. Escalation management for any technical payroll queries.
- Own, manage and influence relationships with payroll provider for the region including KPIs and SLAs. Ongoing review of cost vs service and continuous improvements.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in internal processes which impact payroll, inclusive of processes within HR Shared Services and the application of Workday HCM and Workday Absence/Time Tracking.
- Work with different stakeholders across company and in HR and Finance to develop global standard operating model inclusive of reporting and costing.
- Tests and improve controls in key risk areas (Starters, leavers, salary changes, bank accounts, BACS / payments, authority matrix for variable payments), regionally.
- Lead change management efforts for company to adopt new processes.
- Develop and provision of documentation and training materials
- Main point of contact and involvement in Payroll Audits for the region Issue resolution including any residual risks (if any) to remedy resulting internal and external audits.
- Participate as lead member of future implementations due to Mergers & Acquisition activity. Deliver implementations on time, within budget and in accordance with company standards. Work closely with 3rd party implementation partners, providing information and data as required to integrate newly acquired companies.
Skill and Aptitude Profile:
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of delivering payroll / system implementation projects, with experience of ADP payroll in UK and Europe, and Workday Absence/Time Tracking and Workday HCM.
- Significant experience in a Payroll leadership role within a global organisation, dealing with circa 600+ employees in a region
- Experience in managing external payrolls and inhouse payroll platform model
- Strong stakeholder management skills and client service mentality
- People management experience of direct reports and management of team members in a matrix reporting structure
- Demonstrable experience of general accounting knowledge and reporting within a multinational organisation with an unfaltering attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Proficiency in financial systems and applications and SOX controls
- Knowledge of global compensation schemes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people – a good influencer, especially within a matrixed environment
- Experience of payrolls and associated regulatory tax and benefit requirements in the following countries would be advantageous: UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Hungary
- Must be fluent in English. Proficiency in a second EU language would be advantageous.
- Able to undertake occasional travel in the UK and Germany
- A Team player with strong initiative to get results is essential
- Experience of working in a global US headquartered company desirable
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email at [email protected] for assistance.
Azenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.