Cypress Creek Administrative Center
Job Profile Summary
Under the limited supervision, this position leads the recruitment function including outreach and partnership-building, community based organizations, and other appropriate recruitment resources to attract talented staff to the institution.
Works in a highly collaborative manner with hiring managers to understand staffing needs, and to develop and execute customized sourcing and recruiting strategies to generate a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future staffing needs.
Manages a high-volume job requisition load, partnering stakeholders within the organization to execute employee brand, social media presence, and diversity outreach. Oversee the hiring process of all College’s PTS, Grants, ADM, Faculty, Public Safety, part-time and full-time advertised and non-advertised positions.
Provide advice and consultation to administrators, supervisors, and employees on personnel policies, procedures and ensuring compliance with federal/state laws and regulations, as they relate to recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered where applicable.
- Six years experience with recruiting and candidate sourcing, preferably within HR or staffing agency environment using an online job application system is required.
Experience with Workday Recruiting and LinkedIn Recruiter preferred.
Experience managing Applicant Tracking HRIS and Workday knowledge preferred.
Certification in Recruitment preferred.
- Daily – 30%: In compliance with College policies, federal, state and local laws, performs full cycle recruitment and hiring to include but not limited to job posting, evaluating applicants to develop a viable candidate pool. Utilizes job boards, social media platforms to network and source passive candidates to fill vacancies. Researches innovative sourcing strategies and find new ways to leverage resources and technology to facilitate a collaborative and efficient search process.
- Daily – 25%: Partner with college leaders, hiring managers and key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of a candidate talent requirements. Develop and implement targeted job promotional and sourcing strategies, utilizing available resources to attract top talent. Assist with the interview process on an on-needed basis, including attending or conducting/participating in interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods.
Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on available role, industry standards, and needs of the college. Mines resume databases and internet for passive talent, inviting qualified candidates to apply or share with others in their professional networks. Conducts pre-employment background checks, employment assessment, reference checks while keeping candidates engaged.
- Daily – 10%: Works with hiring managers to anticipate their needs to fill positions to include the offer process to ensure a seamless hire transition. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- As Needed – 2%: Represents the college at job fairs/community outreach events to encourage applications for college positions.
- Monthly – 5%: Functions as subject matter expert to departments regarding recruitment and staffing issues. Trains search committee members, hiring managers and end-users on recruiting and hiring process, policy, procedures, and federal guidelines.
- Weekly – 5%: Prepares metrics to measure success and provides weekly status summarizing recruitment and sourcing activities.
- As Needed – 5%: Serves as search committee members to assist key stakeholders with their recruiting needs.
- Other – 5%: Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in talent acquisition and makes recommendation regarding contemporary solutions.
- As Needed – 5%: Performs system testing functionality and rollout of Workday and Recruitment system implementation/upgrade as necessary to drive efficient operations as needed. Assist with developing, coordinating, testing and recommending changes for the improvement of work processes.
- Other – 5%: Leads various program and project initiatives in the department and performs related duties as assigned.
- Other – 3%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations as they relate to Human Resources (i.e. recruiting and employment).
- Knowledge of institutional HR policies and procedures.
- Must have good analytical and research skills.
- Excellent organization and communication and presentation skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize work as required.
- Must be able to maintain all information in a highly confidential manner
- In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in area of specialization and general knowledge of related areas in the College
- Ability to perform complex administrative analysis with only general supervision
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent coordination and communication skills used appropriately influence the decision-making of individuals and groups at all levels in the College
- Ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment
- Requires the ability to present and disseminate data to various levels
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population
Senior Recruiter, Attraction and Selection
Full time Regular
Cypress Creek Administrative Center
$52,900 – $62,158 – Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Hours Per Week
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume & unofficial transcript are required.
Designated Essential Personnel
Professional Technical Staff (PTS)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to email@example.com or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7449, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.