Cypress Creek Administrative Center
Job Profile Summary
Under limited supervision position is responsible for leading, designing and building relevant solutions to achieve business goals; decides on the appropriate application architecture; ensures compliance with enterprise architecture framework; ensures solution compatibility with the authority to approve or reject solutions; evaluates the technical impact of a solution design; and creates and manages a repository of reusable process artifacts. Provides oversight, guidance, and training for other employees
- Associate’s degree required. with course work in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Four years of experience in solutions and/or applications development or a related field.
- Workday Certifications are preferred.
- Other – 15%: Leads the translation of business objectives and requirements into a functional solution.
- Other – 20%: Leads the design and builds relevant solution(s) to achieve business goals and decide on the appropriate application architecture.
- Other – 10%: Provides oversight, guidance, and training for other employees.
- Other – 15%: Understands the technical impact of solution designs and ensures solution compliance standards.
- Other – 10%: Manages the amount of variation, duplication and non-compliant and conflicting solutions being introduced.
- Other – 5%: Represents application stakeholders when working with 3rd party solution providers and internal staff responsible for technology governance and during enterprise architecture planning.
- Other – 5%: Recommends and negotiates solutions that are adequate and compliant.
- Other – 5%: Develops and manages a repository of reusable process artifacts.
- Other – 5%: Participates in technology governance activities to influence the enterprise’s other application solutions and its technology usage.
- Other – 5%: Participates in the enterprise’s IT strategic planning efforts.
- Other – 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Workday Integrations, including EIB and Workday Studio, XML, XSLT, Database concepts, SQL, SOAP.
- Ability to realize the business goals of the project through the organization’s business, information and technical architecture;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and effectively through self-study;
- Creativity, apply abstract concepts in innovative ways to solve problems;
- Excellent communication skills, persuading users to buy into new concepts;
- Ability to multi-task amongst several priorities;
- Ability to engage in collaborative practices that enable continuous application development with a “build for change” mentality;
- Broad understanding and working knowledge of the college ERP applications and how they are used to enable business processes;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to independently trouble shoot problems and find acceptable solutions;
- Ability to manage own work and work of others to unit performance standards for cost, quality, and output;
- Understanding of enterprise’s business application platforms and technologies;
- Authority to approve and reject application solutions based on compatibility with other solutions and compliance with enterprise architecture framework
Diversity and Inclusion
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives.
Respect for others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the college. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment.
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals and groups that supports the mission and values of the College.
Flexibility and Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades.
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in emerging technological systems and functions.
Continuous improvement and Learning
Actively develop one’s own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job’s functionality and in support of the goals and mission of the department, division and college.
Senior Solutions Architect
Full time Regular
Cypress Creek Administrative Center
$57,032 – $67,726 – Salary commensurate with education an experience.
Monday – Friday/Weekends/Varies
Hours Per Week
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume is required.
Designated Essential Personnel
Professional Technical Staff (PTS)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to [email protected] or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7288, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at [email protected]
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.