Cypress Creek Administrative Center
Job Profile Summary
Under limited supervision, this mid-level position will design and build relevant solutions to achieve business goals; may recommend the appropriate application architecture; ensures compliance with enterprise architecture framework; ensures solution compatibility; evaluates the technical impact of a solution design; creates a repository of reusable process artifacts.
- Associate’s degree required in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Four to six years of experience in solutions and/or applications development or a related field.
- Java, C#, or Workday Reporting and Integrations certifications preferred.
- Daily – 20%: Understands the business objectives and requirements and translates into a functional solution.
- Other – 30%: Designs a relevant solution to achieve business goals and decide on the appropriate application architecture. Consults with other solution architects, the enterprise architect, business process analysts/architects, and end users to ensure components of solution are consistent and compatible within and across the enterprise.
- Other – 30%: Builds solutions that support the business goals and allow for a “build for change” mentality.
- Other – 10%: Sustains a technical awareness of the business application platforms and the enterprises other application solutions/technologies.
- Other – 5%: Negotiates solutions that are adequate and compliant.
- Other – 5%: Creates a repository of reusable process artifacts.
- Other – 5%: Maintains an understanding of the enterprise’s other application solutions and its technology usage
- Other – 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of .Net, C#, Web Services (XML, XSLT, MS Visual Studio), and Database concepts are required.
- Knowledge of Workday Integrations, including EIB and Workday Studio, MS SQL suite (SQL coding, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), MS TFS, ETL concepts, SOAP, and Java are preferred.
- Quickly understands the business goals of the project through discussion with the organization’s business offices, information and technical architecture;
- Ability to understand the technical impact of solution designs.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Requires the application of specific IT concepts within area of technical expertise.
- In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in multiple technology environments, programs, languages, etc.
- Creativity, apply abstract concepts in innovative ways to solve problems.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse staff.
- Ability to manage own work and work of others to unit’s performance standards for cost, quality, and output.
- General understanding of College ERP applications and how they are used to enable business processes;
- Ability to independently trouble shoot problems and find acceptable solutions;
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Understanding of enterprise’s business application platforms and technologies
Respect for others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the college. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment.
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals and groups that supports the mission and values of the College.
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes varying perspectives.
Flexibility and Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades.
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in emerging technological systems and functions.
Continuous improvement and Learning
Actively develops one’s own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job’s functionality and in support of the goals and mission of the department, division and college.
Full time Regular
Cypress Creek Administrative Center
$57,032 – $67,726 – Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Monday – Friday/Weekends/Varies
Hours Per Week
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume is required.
Designated Essential Personnel
Professional Technical Staff (PTS)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to email@example.com or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7449, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.