At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as a HR Manager – Compensation Manager, Service Delivery
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Compensation Manager – Service Delivery to join our Compensation Team. In this role you will be responsible for advising on and delivering competitive, cost-effective compensation policies, programs and practices for the Firm, and the global Service Delivery business group within Investor Services.
This will be accomplished by providing HRBPs and business leaders with compensation consultative guidance, analysis and support; such as funding model scenarios, bonus and salary projections, planning budgets, salary and bonus compensation planning, reconciliations, administering promotion programs and new hire offers, market pricing in global markets with delivery of market trends analysis and reporting.
As a member of the Firmwide compensation team, this role leads and or participates in the delivery of Firmwide Compensation programs, processes, practices, controls, and governance in delivery of Firmwide compensation and in support of broad HR initiatives.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Participate in ongoing review of compensation practices, policies, and processes. Lead these activities for assigned LOB/ Groups.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to develop competitive compensation offers for new hires.
- Lead execution of the Total Compensation Planning cycles for assigned LOB/ Groups
- Develop compensation communications for HRBPs, managers and employees.
- Execute the compensation market survey process for assigned LOBs / Groups
- Benchmark BBH jobs and practices to external market surveys
- Track key issues and trends in compensation, by participating in industry groups, conducting benchmarking studies, and gathering market intelligence from Recruiters.
- Analyze data from external and internal sources to prepare competitive intelligence summaries and compensation strategy recommendations to LOB business leaders.
- Execute processes for assigned LOBs/ Groups
- Review new and existing job descriptions and level to appropriate grade in the BBH job hierarchy.
- Ensure job leveling is compliant with Employee Relations job leveling recommended practices and Department of Labor requirements.
- Act as lead and/or team member on compensation related projects such as compensation program design and implementation, external benchmarking studies, and functional promotion review.
- Lead or participate in broad HR initiatives.
- Complete compensation related ad hoc requests.
- 8+ years relevant compensation experience; CCP certification (in process or achieved)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or finance or related work experience
- Compensation experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Strong analytical, project management and process management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation best practices
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management in a professional and positive manner.
- Strong, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with McLagan, Radford and Korn Ferry surveys and databases a plus
- Job Architecture Framework development or project execution
- Pay Equity Analysis principles and methodology.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Access
- Experience with Workday & People fluent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
$110,000 – $150,000
BBH’s compensation program includes base salary, discretionary bonuses, and profit-sharing. The anticipated base salary range(s) shown above are only for the indicated location(s) and may differ in other locations due to cost of living and labor considerations. Base salaries may vary based on factors such as skill, experience and qualification for the role. BBH's total rewards package recognizes your contributions with more than just a paycheck—providing you with benefits that enhance your experience at BBH from long-term savings, healthcare, and income protection to professional development opportunities and time off, our programs support your overall well-being.