At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Global Compensation Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Senior Global Compensation Manager to join our HR Team. In this role you will be responsible for advising on and delivering competitive, cost-effective compensation policies, programs and practices for the Firm, and Technology business.
In an advisory capacity to the Revenue & Product organizations across Investor Services, business leaders and global HRBPs, this role has oversight of compensation strategy, design and administration to solution issues and inform decisions impacting the technology business global workforce. This will be accomplished by providing strategic consultative guidance, analysis and support related total compensation at all levels, including executive pay. Analysis and support includes funding model scenarios, bonus and salary projections, planning budgets, compensation planning, reconciliations, and delivery of market trends analysis and reporting.
As a member of the Firmwide compensation team, this role leads and or participates in the design and delivery of Firmwide compensation programs, processes, practices, controls, and governance in delivery of Firmwide compensation and in support of broad HR initiatives.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Compensation Planning & Administration
- Provide strong consultative guidance, analysis, reporting, market practices and clarification of polices to managers.
- Ongoing review of compensation practices, policies, and processes for the Firm. Lead these activities for their assigned LOB/ Groups.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to develop competitive compensation offers for new hires.
- Lead the annual Total Compensation Planning cycles for assigned LOB/ Groups, including the development of guidelines, review of recommendations to ensure compliance with guidelines, and consolidation and analysis of recommendations for senior management consideration.
- Develop compensation communications for HRBPs and Business Leaders.
Market Surveys & Intelligence
- Lead the compensation market survey process for assigned LOBs / Groups
- Benchmark BBH jobs and practices to external market surveys
- Track key issues and trends in compensation, by participating in industry groups, conducting benchmarking studies, and gathering market intelligence from Recruiters.
- Analyze data from external and internal sources to prepare competitive intelligence summaries and compensation strategy recommendations to LOB business leaders.
- Oversee and coordinate job evaluation processes for assigned LOBs/ Groups
- Review new and existing job descriptions and level to appropriate grade in the BBH job hierarchy.
- Ensure job leveling is compliant with Employee Relations job leveling recommended practices and Department of Labor requirements.
- Act as lead and/or team member on compensation related projects such as compensation program design and implementation, external benchmarking studies, and functional promotion review.
- Lead or participate in broad HR initiatives.
- Complete compensation related ad hoc requests.
- 10+ years relevant compensation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or finance or related work experience
- Sales Compensation experience
- Compensation experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Strong analytical, project management and process management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation best practices
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management in a professional and positive manner.
- Strong, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with McLagan, Radford and Korn Ferry surveys and databases a plus.
- Job Architecture Framework development or project execution
- Pay Equity Analysis principles and methodology.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Access
- Experience with Workday & Peoplefluent
- CCP certification (in process or achieved)
What We Offer:
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
BBH’s compensation program includes base salary, discretionary bonuses, and profit-sharing. The anticipated base salary range for this role is $150,000 to $180,000 which is specific to New York, NY and may differ in other locations due to cost of living and labor considerations. Base salaries may vary based on factors such as skill, experience and qualification for the role. BBH’s total rewards package recognizes your contributions with more than just a paycheck—providing you with benefits that enhance your experience at BBH from long-term savings, healthcare, and income protection to professional development opportunities and time off, our programs support your overall well-being.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.