Are you looking for a meaningful career that makes a difference in your community and beyond? At Bruce Power, we offer many exciting careers that provide you the opportunity to have the small-town lifestyle. As part of our team, you’ll work in a Safety First environment and play a vital role in safely delivering low cost, reliable and clean energy for Ontario and life-saving medical isotopes across the globe. Ongoing training and development are part of every job, ensuring constant growth and skill-building potential. Living on the shores of Lake Huron, you will be able to enjoy the outdoors and benefits of small town living.
Currently, our Finance Division has a Manager, Financial Systems and Analytics opportunity. If you have experience leading financial technology-related projects and a passion for people, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Controller, the Manager, Financial Systems and Analytics will provide leadership and guidance to a team of Financial System professionals and facilitate continuous improvements to financial systems, analytics and the modernization of financial processes within Bruce Power.
This is a permanent, full-time position that offers competitive benefits, compensation and pension package. Bruce Power is located in Tiverton, Ontario.
- Lead the development and implementation of Bruce Power’s financial systems technology strategy and modernization roadmap
- Expand Bruce Power’s financial data analytics program and drive continuous improvement to financial processes via simplification and modernization
- Oversee the enterprise-level strategic investment to modernize our financial technology platforms
- Ensure that core finance systems efficiently facilitate key processes. Assess whether current systems meet the needs of stakeholders, making recommendations for replacement or enhancement as needed.
- Accountable for strategy, business process redesign partnership, and full implementation and migrations to new / expanded IT platforms
- Oversee the development of business requirements to support system implementations or system changes
- Proactively lead and educate Finance and various business partners on current and planned financial system capabilities
- Effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders, including senior leaders across Finance and the enterprise
- Support the automatization and development of key financial reports, analytics and metrics used by Bruce Power
- Keep abreast of new technology and industry trends
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated success and experience in planning and implementation of a large ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, Workday or others
- Strong strategic leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills at all organizational levels, including the ability to skillfully convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and to influence leaders and key stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills, including the ability to engage many diverse stakeholders and SMEs
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, including Excel BI
- Maximo and / or Workday experience is an asset
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of a four year university degree in an appropriate field related to Finance, Project Management, Business, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other related area
- A CPA designation would be considered an asset
- Period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years including:
- 3-5+ years of supervisory experience
- 3-5+ years of financial systems and process experience
- Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience review per the above qualifications
- Transferable skills (for example: effective communication, drive for accountability and results, displaying good judgement)
- Behavioural interview
- Leadership assessment
- Past performance record and suitability for this position
Bruce Power continues to focus on preventative measures to protect employees and the public safe from COVID-19. As an organization who prides itself on Safety First, a condition of employment will be full COVID-19 vaccination (Health Canada Approved Vaccine).
Are you ready for a change?
Please attach a cover letter and resume, indicating your education and experience as it relates to the Manager, Financial Systems and Analytics opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application and will be in contact with you, should you be selected for an interview.
The successful candidate will be selected based on related and required education, experience, knowledge and skills, a competency and technical based interview and background reference checks.
Note: This posting is for current opportunities and while no posting end date is indicated, it may close at any time, based on fulfillment of business needs.
Limitless Opportunities. Meaningful Work. Lakeside Living.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Bruce Power is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.