Specializes in benefits at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in benefits including 401k retirement plan, administering, and advising employees and management on benefit policies, programs, and procedures.
This position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (e.g. group health, dental, vision, wellness, life, Std, Ltd, Workers’ comp, FSA, retirement plans, EAP, 1095’s etc.) and for providing analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefits programs to employees
Responsible for the integration of all benefit related systems and files associated with the company benefit program. Maintain employee census data base, manage and maintain employee benefit files. Coordinate the plans with all systems for benefits and third-party vendors. Research and respond to escalated department benefits opportunities.
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability, 401k plan /Deferred Comp (NonQual) and COBRA.
- Coordinate with regional staff on acquisition benefit enrollments.
- Maintain employee census data on third party web-based benefit system to ensure accurate enrollment into carrier sites and extracting weekly benefit deductions to load into weekly payroll processing system.
- Compiling, modifying and record keeping of various weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Perform weekly, quarterly audits on benefit related information.
- Provide support in the administration of all types of “Leave of Absence” and the 3rd party vendors associated with the process.
- Update and maintain employee benefit files including benefit deductions or additions in company payroll system.
- Respond to employee benefit inquiries which may involve research or redirecting to outsourced benefit call center for resolution.
- Assist Director in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any Health, Life and Retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) to four(4) years in benefits system administration
- 2 years 401k , Deferred Comp (NonQual) preferred
- Experience with Workday, Word, Excel, ADP Payroll and with any health and benefit related database programs
- Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful, but not necessary