The Payroll Specialist is an important member of the Payroll Team responsible for the accurate and timely calculation of On Cycle and On Demand payroll processes using Workday to ensure our 27,000 teammates are paid every Friday. The Payroll Specialist follows all processing procedures, check lists and quality controls to meet processing deadlines and achieve accuracy expectations. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to assist teammates with inquiries of routine to moderate complexity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of On Cycle and On Demand payroll processing.
- Creates, loads and verifies/balances pay inputs using Workday EIBs, integrations/interfaces and other pay input sources prior to payroll processing.
- Follows all On Cycle and On Demand payroll processing procedures, check lists and quality controls.
- Processes payroll, runs validation reports and queries to identify processing errors; resolves in-process errors following established protocols and within acceptable thresholds.
- Escalates processing anomalies outside established protocols or thresholds to Payroll Supervisor or Payroll Manager for assistance.
- Routinely meets processing deadlines and achieves accuracy expectations.
- Reviews and contributes to the updates and/or development of departmental process and procedure documentation, checklists, or other controls.
- Termination processing with particular emphasis on California, Oregon and Colorado which includes manual calculations for teammates receiving flag pay.
- Provides timely and accurate resolution to teammate inquiries that are routine to moderate complexity using case management system.
- Collaborates and works effectively in a team environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality to protect teammate data privacy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or commensurate experience.
- 1-3 years of payroll processing experience.
- Familiarity with payroll practices, processes, and related regulatory requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interface with teammates and managers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products including intermediate Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, control totals, etc.).
- Automotive repair industry experience specifically with Flag pay is preferred, but not required.