To support line managers on the application of HR policies and procedures, conditions of service and employment law, in order to reinforce the effective employee relations and resourcing requirements within the business.
Please note that this position will move over from Capita to Trustmarque after a period of 18 months.
This role is Homebased.
What you’ll be doing:
To support managers on the application of HR policies and procedures and conditions of service and employment law. This includes the provision of remote support and where required, attendance and support at meetings, consultations, hearings and appeals, and preparation of letters and reports, in relation to a range of issues including, but not limited to:
- Absence Management
- Performance and Capability
- Terms and Conditions of Service
- Redundancy and Re-Structures
- TUPE in/out
- Supporting with Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals
- Supporting with Employment Tribunals
- Advising on recruitment and resourcing in partnership with the Resourcing Team
- Advising on Performance and Development opportunities
- Escalating complex, risky or sensitive cases to the HR Business Partner, where appropriate.
- Proactively responding to queries from managers.
- Tracking all advice and key information to ensure we provide accurate MI reporting and insight on trends.
- Analysing case management, and other business, MI (i.e. attrition levels), to identify trends, enabling the HR Business Partner to develop effective action plans.
- Managing all occupational health referrals, tracking spend and working with the business on implementing any reasonable workplace adjustments. Maintaining a reasonable adjustment tracker to ensure these are implemented in a timely manner.
- Raising awareness of the importance of undertaking maternity, DSE, stress and other risk assessments. Supporting the business in managing mental health issues and creating a healthy work environment.
- Providing coaching and training to managers in all aspects of our people policies and procedures.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner with ad hoc projects such as redundancy/ restructures, change management and TUPE.
- To be a super-user for the HR system – Workday
- To be an effective team player who contributes to the overall success of the HR function, supporting colleagues and teams when required.
What we’re looking for:
- As an HR Advisor, you will need to be a true HR generalist, preferably within a commercial, fast paced multi-site environment, with a track record of strong delivery across the people agenda
- Confident and experienced with Workday HRIS
- You need to have significant experience working in a similar HR role
- You must be discreet and able to handle confidential information appropriately
- You should hold excellent organisational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritise important tasks.
- You need to have practical experience using Office 365 and HR systems to an intermediate level.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with managers at all levels
- You should have high levels of resilience and be able to cope with ambiguity and changing (sometimes competing) demands, along with experience of managing a varied workload with limited supervision
- You must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- You should be able to provide evidence of your Continuing Professional Development in HR
- CIPD qualified and/or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in complex structures and matrix organisations
- Experience of contributing to multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of delivering training events
About Trustmarque (Capita Portfolio)
At Trustmarque, we’re delivering IT solutions which empower our customers to work smarter and more effectively. Our teams are keeping our customers at the cutting-edge of technology and helping government, local councils, charities and organisations to discover better ways to work, communicate and share information. Join us and discover better as you advise our customers how to navigate the complicated and ever-changing world of IT.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.