Corporate – Richmond
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About This Job
Under limited guidance from management, this position will work closely with Benefits, Legal, HRTS and Compensation for weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing for over 30,000 associates in addition to daily processing of payroll tasks such as off-cycles, tax adjustments or corrections. This role will contribute to the implementation of new initiatives and pay plan changes. This position will also focus on ways to streamline processes by identifying and implementing more efficient ways to collect, analyze and process payroll data. This job also requires a continual interaction with outside vendors and other internal departments.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and execute tasks needed for processing payroll on a daily basis and support year end activities.
- Peer review the work of others and run defensive audits to ensure accuracy of data and risk management.
- Provide support to team members by training, documenting, running reports, queries or any other type of support necessary.
- Ensure all complex payroll and tax discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner and handle escalated issues as they arise.
- Serve as primary liaison with cross functional departments to ensure processes are in place to support new strategies that are implemented.
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts and perform necessary journal entries.
- Gain a working understanding of all systems that integrate into the Payroll System to be able to troubleshoot issues when they arise.
- Review Timecards in Kronos system.
- Enter adjustments or create EIB uploads in Workday Payroll system.
Successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate planning and execution skills
- Seek accuracy with a strong attention to detail
- Balance tactical assignments with long-term goals.
- Use all available resources to make good decisions.
- Think logically and conduct root cause analysis.
- Analyze data and reports.
- Know when and how to partner with others when facing a problem.
- Balance the need of the customer and the business when making decisions.
- Demonstrate strong team behaviors in line with CarMax values, including integrity, respect, fun, inclusion and fairness.
Education & Experience
- Four year degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or equivalent business experience preferred
- 5+ years of Multi-State; Multi-Company Payrolls preferred
- Strong understanding of Payroll Taxes and Payroll Labor Laws
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel and SQL preferred
- Experience with HCM and Payroll systems including reporting tools
- Workday and Kronos experience preferred
- CPP or FPC preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.