CA – Oceanside
6163 – Oceanside – 3853 Plaza Drive, Oceanside, California, 92056
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Provide an iconic customer experience – Summary:
Under general direction from the Business Operations Manager, this position is responsible for assisting all store managers in the hiring and onboarding processes. Additional responsibilities include providing exceptional customer service in a fast paced, team-oriented environment through the facilitation of the sales, auction, and appraisal process. These processes include responsibility for cash management, processing and auditing of paperwork associated with sales, and providing exceptional customer service by answering questions and handling incoming calls.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate employment process for job applicants visiting the CarMax location. This includes but is not limited to:
- Partner with hiring team members and job applicants to obtain scheduling availability
- Confirm schedules for hiring team and provide supplemental paperwork to hiring team members
- Provide supplemental paperwork to job applicants prior to interview day
- Update job applicant status and information in Workday
- Maintain job applicant files
- Greet job applicants who are visiting location for interviews
- Respond to general inquiries from job applicants
- Coordinate all new associate orientation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure that all new associate documentation is completed accurately and timely (i.e., I9s, dispute resolution agreement, etc.)
- Set up and maintain associate personnel files
- Key all new associates into Workday
- Train new associate on clocking in and out of Kronos
- Set up and train new associate in use of Workday Learning and ensure all Workday training is completed
- At the discretion of the Business Operations Manager or Manager on Duty in the Business Office, Associate will also perform Business Office functions including but not limited to:
- Provide customer service by greeting customers, balancing overflow traffic, listening to and answering customer questions and explaining paperwork process.
- Seek win/win solutions for the customer and partners appropriately
- Process paperwork associated with retail/wholesale automobile sales may include printing daily reports, maintaining deal jackets, contacting finance companies regarding contracts, obtaining required information regarding registration and/or titling, processing reassignments, and auditing completed paperwork
- Process auction sales, dealer registration, and/or appraisal lane purchases to include the collection of titles (calls and follow up), payoffs, proper paperwork and signatures from customers in order to send the appropriate documentation to the Home Office for the funding of drafts
- Manage multiple pay types including receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security and loss prevention.
- Process paperwork affiliated with the state DMV. This may include submitting paperwork necessary to title or and register a vehicle for a customer after the sale or obtaining a title for a customer after the sale.
- Mentor new Business Office Associates, as well as train other store departments on Business Office processes and procedures
- Clerical responsibilities may include, but is not limited to: copying, filing, reconciliation of missing dealer plates or information and data entry into Microsoft Excel and proprietary systems as required for logging vehicle registration tags.
- Answer multi-line phone system, respond to callers’ needs and direct calls as appropriate.
Learn and succeed as part of a team:
- Pleasant, but noisy office environment
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication
- May require walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Variety of work schedules with shifts that do include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the Company) at all times while working in the store
Work requires ability to:
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Use resources and partnership to balance the needs of the customer and the business
- Understand numeric filing system
- Use word processing, spreadsheet and other programs, displaying intermediate PC skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline oriented environment which requires above average organizational skills and attention to detail
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 15-20 lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with both internal and external customers, in person, over the phone, and written
- Develop partnerships with Sales team and other departments in order to provide quality customer service
- Maintain confidentiality of all records, files and reports within the scope of the position
- Complete CarMax provided training as required
- Report Asset Protection and/or Human Resource related issues to management
The hourly rate for this position is:
$17.40 – $28.00
Except as otherwise required by state law, CarMax Associates are entitled to the following paid sick, vacation, and holiday time.
Associates that are considered full-time hourly or commission/incentive eligible:
- To earn up to 48 hours of sick time per year accrued on a per pay period basis and between 80 hours and 200 hours per year of vacation time after a 90 day waiting period depending on years of continuous service with the Company.
- For 8 hours of pay for each of a total of 6 paid scheduled holidays per year plus 1 floating holiday. If such an Associate does work on a scheduled holiday due to business need, they are eligible for Holiday Premium Pay.
Associates considered full-time salaried are entitled to paid time away with no specified limit as needed for sick, vacation, bereavement, jury duty, holidays, floating holiday, etc. subject to manager approval.
For more details about benefits, please visit our CarMax Benefits website.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.