AZ – Phoenix – Tempe
7971 – Phoenix CEC – 1515 W. 14th Street, Tempe, Arizona, 85281
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general direction from the Regional Human Resources Manager and the Senior Customer Experience Center (CEC) Managers: This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the CEC management team and associates as described in the principal duties and responsibilities below. This is a 100% On-Site position at the Phoenix Customer Experience Center (CEC) located in Tempe, Arizona.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate employment process for job applicants visiting the CarMax location. This includes but is not limited to:
- Partner with hiring team members and job applicants to obtain scheduling availability
- Confirm schedules and coordinate pre-hire drug screens with candidates
- Update job applicant status and information in Workday
- Process job applicant AOI and provide results to hiring team
- Maintain job applicant files
- Greet job applicants who are visiting location for interviews
- Respond to general inquiries from job applicants
- Coordinate all new associate orientation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure that all new associate paperwork is completed accurately and timely (i.e., I-9s, dispute resolution agreement, etc.)
- Set up and maintain associate personnel files
- Key all new associates into the Workday system
- Train new associates on clocking in and out of CarMax systems, KRONOS, etc.
- Process all Personnel Action forms in Workday and CarMax payroll system (KRONOS)
- Assist in planning and executing CEC events. Examples include: Communication meetings, regional team site visits, various associate and manager meetings, etc.
- Maintain the CEC’s Associate Care & Communication (AC&C) binder
- Process incoming invoices and assist associates with travel and expense documents for payment using CarMax systems and programs
- Assist CEC management team with Concur related activities
- Maintain and order all site supplies, postings and other communication documents
- Complete clerical responsibilities associated with Workers Compensation and associate leave of absence
- Provide support of the CEC-network and all business areas as needed while adhering to CarMax guidelines
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: copying, filing, answering phones, data entry and reconciliation of information
- Answer and respond to company, customer, and associate inquiries, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One or more years of experience providing administrative support in a multi-user office environment is required
- High school diploma is required. Some college or a college degree is preferred
- Prior Human Resources (HR) Coordinator or HR Assistant experience is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), internet search engines and email systems are required
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline oriented environment which requires above average organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective communication with both internal and external customers (written and verbal)
- Conveys a professional and positive image
- Maintains confidentiality of all records, files, and reports within the scope of the position
- Understands numeric filing system
- Completes CarMax-provided training as required
- Reports Loss Prevention and/or Human Resource related issues to management
- Ability to lift objects that weigh as much as 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to read, interpret and transcribe data to maintain accurate records
- Uses resources and partnership to balance the needs of the customer and the business
- Develops partnerships with the team, other departments, and across the network – to provide quality customer service and deliver an iconic experience
- Pleasant office environment, taking direction from more than one manager
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication
- May require walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through the Company) while working in the Customer Experience Center (CEC)
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.