NV – Henderson CEC
7976 – Henderson CEC – 1000 W Warm Springs Road, Henderson, Nevada, 89014
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general direction from the Senior Customer Experience Center (CEC) Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to the CEC management team and associates as described in the principle duties and responsibilities below.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate employment process for job applicants visiting the CarMax location. This includes but is not limited to:
- Partner with hiring team members and job applicants to obtain scheduling availability
- Confirm schedules for hiring team and provide supplemental paperwork to hiring team members
- Provide supplemental paperwork to job applicants prior to interview day
- Update job applicant status and information in Workday
- Process job applicant AOI and provide results to hiring team
- Maintain job applicant files
- Greet job applicants who are visiting location for interviews
- Respond to general inquiries from job applicants
- Coordinate all new associate orientation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure that all new associate paperwork is completed accurately and timely (i.e., I9s, dispute resolution agreement, etc.)
- Set up and maintain associate personnel files
- Key all new associates into the Workday system
- Train new associate on clocking in and out of KRONOS
- Set up and train new associate in KMXU and ensure all KMXU training is completed
- Process all Personnel Action forms in MSS and CarMax payroll system (KRONOS)
- Assist in planning and executing CEC events. Examples include: Communication meetings, regional team site visits, various associate and manager meetings, etc.
- Maintain the CEC’s Associate Care & Communication (AC&C) binder
- Process incoming invoices and assist associates with travel and expense documents for payment using CarMax systems and programs
- Assist CEC management team with Concur related activities
- Maintain and order all store supplies, posters and other communication documents
- Complete clerical responsibilities associated with Workers Compensation and associate leave of absence
- Provide support of the CEC-network and all business areas as needed while adhering to CarMax guidelines
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: copying, filing, answering phones, data entry and reconciliation of missing dealer plates or information
- Answer and respond to company, customer and associate inquiries as appropriate.
- At the discretion of the Business Office Manager or Manager on Duty in the Business Office, Associate will also perform Business Office functions including but not limited to:
- Process paperwork associated with retail/wholesale automobile sales may include printing daily reports, maintaining deal jackets, contacting finance companies regarding contracts, obtaining required information regarding registration and/or titling, processing reassignments, and auditing completed paperwork
- Process auction sales, dealer registration, and/or appraisal lane purchases to include the collection of titles (calls and follow up), payoffs, proper paperwork and signatures from customers in order to send the appropriate documentation to the Home Office for the funding of drafts
- Manage multiple pay types including receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security and loss prevention.
- Process paperwork affiliated with the state DMV. This may include submitting paperwork necessary to title or and register a vehicle for a customer after the sale or obtaining a title for a customer after the sale.
- Mentor new Business Office Associates, as well as, train other store departments on Business Office process and procedure
- One or more years of experience providing administrative support in a multi-user office environment is required
- High school diploma is required, some college or college degree is preferred
- Prior Human Resources (HR) Coordinator or JR Assistant experience is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), internet search engines and email systems is required
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline oriented environment which requires above average organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective communication with both internal and external customers (written and verbal)
- Conveys a professional and positive image
- Maintains confidentiality of all records, files and reports within the scope of the position
- Understands numeric filing system
- Completes CarMax provided training as required
- Reports Loss Prevention and/or Human Resource related issues to management
- Ability to lift objects that weigh as much as 15-20 lbs
- Ability to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Uses resources and partnership to balance the needs of the customer and the business
- Develops partnerships with the team and other departments in order to provide quality customer service
- Pleasant office environment, taking direction from more than one manager
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication
- May require walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Variety of work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through the Company) at all times while working in the store
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.