Corporate – Richmond
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
Through this lead analyst role on the Benefits Team, you will help deliver the best associate experience by focusing on strategic projects, Associate engagement (communications), and connections to larger departmental goals. You will put people first, to ensure that our associate experience is positive and supported by our Benefits offerings. This position has strong oversight of complex cross-functional and cross-departmental benefits efforts and process improvements. This role will leverage strong analytical skills using data to drive insights to be used to support the building of business cases, support recommendations, identify gaps, and offer suggestions to improve programs. This role will also support the Benefits program owners and vendors, develop and evaluate reporting, build business cases to ensure high levels of performance and engagement across the Benefits portfolio.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Leverage industry best practices and technologies to drive adoption of process and outcomes improvements across the Benefits organization
- Support Benefits Program Owners as well as other CarMax teams and vendor partners to ensure we collectively execute on high level results
- Support key projects as needed for Benefits and Total Rewards
- Leverage data to derive insights and drive recommendations around process and program improvements
- Support ongoing efforts such as Benefits communications (Associate engagement activities) and annual Budget process across Benefits plans
- Operate with minimal management oversight; other projects/duties as assigned
Purpose of the role
This role serves as a lead Analyst on the Benefits team providing cross-functional support across the portfolio of core benefits offerings from Health & Wellness plans to Financial Plans. This role provides strong independent analysis, insights and decision-making, requires the ability to see and articulate interdependencies and potential barriers, solve complex problems as well as the ability to make strategic recommendations. This role develops strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and focuses attention on improving processes and outcomes by leveraging past experiences, partnerships, technology and efficiency models. This role will make recommendations to peers and leaders and oversee the implementation and execution performed by other Analysts. You will influence change and improvements across the Benefits portfolio supporting our strategic goals for the future.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience with process excellence or data analytic experience is preferred
- College degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is preferred
- Related CEBS (or similar) training is preferred
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities for this position:
- Strong customer service focus, delivers on customer commitments; presents value-added recommendations to the customer
- Utilizes advanced analytical thought and quantitative methods in analyzing existing programs, policies and processes to drive improvements
- Strong planning and execution skills; seeks challenging work and is adept at managing multiple projects
- Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods; promotes projects and initiatives effectively to various levels of the organization
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Works well with others and builds strong partnerships and network; contributes to team goals
- Expresses opinions and innovative ideas; connects team goals with larger departmental or organizational goals
- Works through others and shares knowledge and insights to aide in their development
- Proven organizational skills – must be able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Workday systems experience is beneficial, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.