South San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco is one of two gummy technology development and manufacturing facilities in North America. The site has the capability to manufacture 100% plant-based pectin gummies for nutritional supplements and nutraceuticals. Within the Catalent network, we offer a broad range of integrated formulation and analytical services to solve difficult development and manufacturing challenges.
The Human Resources Generalist – Bilingual Spanish is a member of the Human Resources (HR) Team. This is a site-based role, which is critical in its focus to provide exceptional customer service through collaboration with our onsite team members. The Human Resources Generalist will partner closely with functional leaders, various site HR teams, and HR Centers of Excellence to help deliver HR support to the functions. She/He will have the opportunity to manage key projects on behalf of the team and will be offered exposure to all elements of the HR function. The Human Resources Generalist must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, lead initiatives independently and meet important deadlines as required.
- Support core HR project and process activities as needed including reporting and analysis related to Performance Evaluations, Talent Planning, Compensation Planning, Goal Setting and other activities associated with core HR initiatives.
- Ability to manage, maintain and support reporting & analysis on a regular and ad hoc basis and liaise with HRIS, Finance and sites as needed
- Work closely with site HR teams in the management of Workday data related to new hires/recruiting, position and reporting relationship changes, promotion/title changes, compensation changes, etc
- Assist team in the management of Job Descriptions, Org Charts and other key documentation and reporting.
- Coordinates communications & activities relating to the employees across the QRA, PD and Global Ops functions
- Proactively identify opportunities to create synergies or process improvements within the HR function in order to leverage and/or standardize expertise, activity and process between functions and regions.
- Support the team where needed in working with the internal customers concerning questions or concerns, including answering HR policy and process questions.
- Assists HR in data collection/analysis for various projects.
- Other duties may be assigned for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with majors in Human Resources or related field
- 4+ years experience in Human Resources
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- Previous experience in Human Resources in a unionized environment
- Strong organizational, people and analytical skills; A demonstrated success in collaboration with others and independent thought
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented and possess a high level of organizational skills to work independently. Ability to field or respond to HR-related questions from managers and employees. Requires a high level of interpersonal skills to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to interface well with all employees of the company, both internal and external contacts and to represent the department in a highly professional manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit, climb or balance and taste or smell.
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of the organization
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 8 paid holidays
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to [email protected]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond— it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to [email protected] for us to investigate with local authorities.