Kansas City, MO
Cboe is one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies, offering cutting-edge trading and investment solutions to investors around the world. Cboe’s culture is unique. Our associates come to work inspired, knowing they can be part of the next market-defining breakthrough, whether they are writing code for the next technology release, paving the way for a new product launch, or advocating for a market reform. We strive to efficiently use innovation to better serve customers and the broader marketplace.
The Accountant role executes and supports the operational and financial accounting processes of the global business in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This may include billing and receivables, creating journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and other general accounting duties. This role requires exceptional organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
***This position is flexible hybrid – qualified candidate should be willing to be on site in our Lenexa, KS office for the first few weeks during onboarding but once that is complete, we support a very flexible work model.***
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end close processes which may include creating and issuing customer invoices, preparing journal entries, and performing account reconciliations.
- Perform and/or assist with bank reconciliations and apply cash payments as needed.
- Manage customer collections and issue dunning letters.
- Work closely with trade desk and pricing group to ensure timely knowledge of fee changes and changes to customer information, products, payment methodologies and other billing related matters.
- Communicate regularly with customers providing a high level of customer service throughout. Investigate, resolve and respond promptly to inquiries from customers regarding questions or issues with their invoices.
- Research historical financial data to support internal and external inquiries.
- Execute, review, and implement controls to mitigate risk and to comply with regulations, including SOX.
- Provide support or demonstrations for external and internal audit inquiries.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Ad hoc reporting.
- Attendance at the workplace in a traditional office environment may be required at times, particularly when training.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting operations experience.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Experience with Workday accounting software, SAP Concur a plus
- Experience communicating financial/accounting related items directly to internal and/or external customers and answering related inquiries
Cool benefits at a glance:
- $20K per year MBA tuition reimbursement after 6 month waiting period (up to $60k)
- 401k match up to 8%
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages on days you are in the office
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our associates’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.