Kansas City, MO
The Director of Financial Reporting reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and directs and oversees the preparation, accuracy and timely distribution/filing of all periodic financial statements for internal and external use. Ensures that reports and filings comply with professional standards, SEC, GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements.
Please note: This is a hybrid role but very flexible. Candidate selected will be able to work from home 80% of the time once onboarding/training is complete.
- Lead the process for preparing the quarterly and annual reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Lead the preparation and review of annual statutory filings for additional U.S. entities under U.S. GAAP.
- Lead the preparation and review of multiple international statutory filings, which currently include, but are not limited to, IFRS, Singapore GAAP and Hong Kong GAAP.
- Integrate acquisitions into the consolidated financial reporting framework.
- Prepare and communicate internal monthly financial results to senior leadership.
- Present quarterly financial reports to the Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Lead and develop a group of high-performing individuals on the financial reporting team.
- Research, communicate and explain reporting issues and evolving accounting/reporting guidance to the management team and Audit Committee.
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting matters and disclosures.
- Drive continuous improvements in all aspects of the SEC reporting operational process.
- Lead ad hoc financial reporting projects and initiatives as required or requested.
- Positive self-starter with an ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas, including accounting, tax, financial planning and analysis, investor relations and legal.
- Ability to manage priorities while working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proven experience defining team strategy and fostering a culture of ethics and high-performance.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills – ability to simplify complex financial concepts for stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of six years of progressive public accounting experience, or a minimum of eight years of progressive public-company accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Supervisory/managerial experience; experience as a liaison with external auditors a plus
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS a plus
- Financial systems knowledge and familiarity with financial business applications; experience with Workday accounting software and IBM Cognos TM1 a plus
Cool benefits at a glance:
- $20K per year MBA tuition reimbursement after 6 month waiting period (up to $60k)
- 401k match up to 8%
- Choice to work from home 80% of the time once training complete
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages during all in-office workdays
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our associates’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links: