US TX Corporate Plano
The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, LLC (CARD) is the world’s largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating individuals of all ages who are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. CARD strives to meet the growing need for services by continuously opening new offices throughout the country to provide top-quality ABA therapy across all populations.
CARD was founded in 1990 by leading autism expert and clinical psychologist Doreen Granpeesheh, PhD, BCBA-D. CARD treats individuals with ASD using the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA), which is empirically proven to be the most effective method for treating individuals with ASD and recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the US Surgeon General. With locations throughout US and internationally, CARD’s mission is to provide access to top-quality treatment all over the world. Through its network of trained technicians, behavior analysts, and researchers, CARD develops and implements quality, comprehensive, and individualized treatment programs that lead to success.
5850 Granite Parkway Suite 600 Plano, Texas 75024
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting all elements of the month-end close process, the development and maintenance of accounting principles and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, as well as supporting the audit with our Big Four audit firm. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager, will play an instrumental role in the future of our organization, and is a full-time, exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting all accounting and month-end close activities, including preparing the required general ledger journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and allocations
- Performing analytical reviews of financial statements, variance analysis, and preparing internal and external reporting materials
- Reconciling and maintaining multiple general ledger accounts, demonstrating an ability to identify and resolve discrepancies between supporting documents and system balances
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of an effective Internal Control environment to ensure full compliance with all requirements
- Supporting all audit activities with our Big Four audit firm
- Partnering with the Finance team to communicate accounting results and variances
- Preparing consolidated financial statements and reports, and maintaining appropriate and accurate accounting records that support all transactions
- Reviewing all accounting processes and workflows on a recurring basis, and if necessary, independently recommending changes to achieve more efficient and productive results
- Supporting the implementation of all processes and workflow changes from start to finish
- Support the completion of ad hoc tasks as needed
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance/accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- 4+ years of experience in the accounting sector
- 3+ years of month and close process experience, preferably in the health care industry
- Big Four or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-growing environment, and must enjoy hands on implementation of process changes, be a Change Champion
- This role requires very strong collaboration skills, and the ability to build very strong business partnerships with various departments
- Proactively and timely communication with all key stakeholders, and across multiple departments and functions, with a “non-siloed” mindset
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Ability to work in an energetic, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and display exceptional work ethics
- A solution-oriented mindset and strong problem-solving skills are critical
- English proficiency, both verbal and written, is required
- Experience with Workday Financials a plus
Includes both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional local and/or overnight travel. Mode of transportation for travel typically will include automobile and plane.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Position: Senior Accountant
This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties required of the job. Job descriptions may also be revised periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties and responsibilities. All employees are expected to help ensure that their job descriptions are accurate and current, reflecting the work being done.
All employees are subject to performance evaluations. Failure to meet the performance levels of the position may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Upon review of the job description and requirements:
I am able to perform the essential functions of the job.
I am not able to perform the essential functions of the job without accommodations.
I am not able to perform the essential functions of the job even with accommodations.
I have reviewed the above job description and understand the essential duties and responsibilities.
Employee Name: ______________________________________________________
Employee Signature: ______________________________________________________