CLHC Westchester NY (PACE Center)
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for overseeing all aspects of temporary agency assignments and staffing needs, onboarding of temporary and permanent placements, and assistance with Human Resources Compliance area. This includes, but is not limited to, all aspects of agency/vendor communication for temporary staff, working the management for initial screening of candidates, onboarding appointments and paperwork, new hire process, assistance with new hire orientation, and assistance with follow-up and tracking of compliance area.
Primary contact for all Agency/Temporary Staff requests, assignments and onboarding of temporary staff to ensure compliance with DOH and CMS requirements. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring and receiving Job Requisitions in Workday for all temporary staffing requests. Initiate contact with hiring manager to find out complete details of temporary staff placement such as – job description, background of ideal candidate, minimum requirements, hours and location of position, and budgetary constraints.
- Sent initial contact and communication to make contacts with agencies to fill temp requests/requisitions. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing temp requests with agency, screening and assessing candidates, communicate candidate to hiring manger, coordinate interviews, typing tests, coordinate offers and complete onboarding of agency staff. Constant follow-up and monitoring of progress of filling the vacancy is required.
- Coordinate with The Learning Center the list of temp agency workers for PACE orientation scheduling.
- Ensure temp agency works are in compliance with paperwork and screening before scheduling for PACE orientation. May have to participate in additional compliance and onboarding screening and processing of temp agency workers.
- Work with department heads and managers to best determine the staffing needs and recruitment programs for their vacancies with as much planning as possible.
- Requires constant communications and updates to the hiring managers to ensure requisitions and applicants are correct in Workday and applicant tracking information.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all city, state and federal laws and regulations with regards to employment law, recruitment best practices and mandatory obligations.
- Responsible to ensure agency staff’s on-boarding paperwork, pre-employment process, references, physicals, drug screening, fingerprinting, clearances, etc… satisfy all compliance aspects.
- Working knowledge and usage of Recruitment and Onboarding Business Process in Workday specifically for agency staff.
- Ensures agency staff receive and acknowledge/sign off on policies and procedures, materials and handouts.
Responsible for ensuring completion and compliance of internal new hire onboarding of staff and compliance areas, including but not limited to:
- Contacting new hires/candidates in an expeditiously, timely manner once offer of employment is made.
- Scheduling candidate appointments with third party vendors (medical, drug screen, fingerprinting, etc.)
- Send appropriate links and paperwork/emails to candidates of third party vendors (employment screening vendors) to continue with pre-employment onboarding and background checks.
- Must follow up and ensure all background screening reports are received from all vendors. Review background screening results to compare to application, resume, etc. to ensure all items are satisfactory met.
- Contact candidates if/when information is not being received timely or needs clarification.
- Conduct employment references on new hire candidates.
- Update Onboarding Spreadsheet and track completion of onboarding progress.
- Log new candidates for upcoming orientations and PACE training.
- Brings to the attention of the Recruiter, HR Specialist, or Assistant Vice President of HR, issues or concerns that require escalation such as unsatisfactory background reports, unprofessional behavior of candidates, misinformation that does not match what was initial presented on application, etc…
- Receives and verifies documentation from new hires such as I-9 documentation, diplomas, licenses, certification, etc…
- Ensures new hires paperwork is complete and compliant with regulations and policies and procedures.
- Initiates onboarding in HRIS system (Workday) such as marking background check status (ie. completion), request ESR (Electronic Service Requests), change status and complete hire information such as hire date, compensation, hours, location, worker’s schedule, pay group, set up union memberships, hire/rehire status,
- May issue Wage Theft letters and review with new hire the following: social security info, contact emergency, tax elections, direct deposit (payment elections), confirming that all other candidate’s tasks are complete such as receipt and acknowledgement of policies, disability status, veterans status, etc…
Responsible to assist the Human Resources Supervisor with Compliance tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, regular follow up with employees for timely submission of Annual Health Assessment, Medical information (ie. COVID cards, Chest Xray/TB Screening follow up), Performance Evaluations, Competencies, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
Education: Minimum of an Associate Degree, Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field preferred.
Experience: 1 year Human Resources/Recruitment experience preferred in a health care setting. Customer Service experience required.
Language: Bi-lingual a plus, not required.
- Typing 35 WPM
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
- Ability to travel to CenterLight locations to assist with Orientation and Onboarding of new hire staff required.