CLHC Westchester NY (PACE Center)
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for working with annual and new hire compliance by assisting the lead HR Specialist on a daily basis, as well as the labor relations and HRIS team when needed. This includes but not limited to checking compliance documents for all new hires and regular employees, coordinate with recruitment and onboarding team for the collection of new hire paperwork, as well as annual compliance for regular employees.
- Respond to all requests for employment verifications for former/current CenterLight employees.
- Manage and follow up with I-9’s, licenses, annual health assessments, seasonal influenza declination or proof of vaccination, performance evaluations, annual training requirements and competencies regularly.
- Coordinate the completion of annual trainings with The Learning Center team.
- Assists with audit for all the sites and prepare files for the DOH and CMS review.
- Upload personnel documents in workday, and update excel master log for compliance tracking.
- Contact employees regularly for compliance purposes and respond to questions related to employment.
- Assist the Lead HR specialist with any random projects regarding compliance.
- Run reports from workday such as headcount and compliance status for follow up.
- Assist labor relations team with physical and electronic filing and update log with cases information on a daily basis for both CenterLight and Best Choice employees.
- Assist occasionally with scheduling of meetings with the union and employees, as well as participate in due process.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews with employees and follow up with equipment retrieval for terminated/resigned employees.
- Process terminations, probationary and annual evaluations in workday for all CenterLight employees.
Education: Associates Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred.
Experience: 1+ year of Human Resources experience, preferable in healthcare, unionized environment. HRIS experience, Workday system a plus.
Other: Working knowledge of PC applications (Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint), ability to make independent decisions, high degree of tact and discretion, ability to handle situations in a mature and professional manner. Must be highly engaging and collaborative with all staff.