The award-winning Choice Hotels Technology Center is revolutionizing hospitality with cloud computing, AWS, big data, machine learning/artificial intelligence, and mobile application development.
At Choice, we pioneer the exciting intersection of hospitality and technology in support of our successful franchise model.
Our culture fosters innovation and encourages disruptive thinking. We welcome and respect your voice, empowering you to learn, grow, and make your impact.
When you #MakeItYourChoice, you will have the environment, the tools, and momentum to drive your career and organizational success.
If you are bright, driven, enjoy working with the latest technologies and have the right blend of business acumen, technically savvy and customer-facing skills then this opportunity is for you.
The Software Engineer (PeopleSoft/Workday in Corporate IT serves as the Software Engineer 2 on a 6-12 person team to analyze, design, code, implement, support, enhance and debug enterprise systems with the support of the Software Engineers.
Our mission is to provide stable, secure and scalable service platforms supporting current and future growth needs of our business. This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also have full access to and authority to fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against vulnerabilities.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant industry certification, such as Oracle Java Developer, is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
- Experience with PeopleSoft development, SAP, Oracle or Workday Integration development.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
- Participates in all phases of a systems development life cycle to achieve our mission with an emphasis on supporting & troubleshooting complex business and technical problems to shape and deliver system software components.
- Knowledgeable about agile software development methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Knowledgeable about software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledgeable about relational database management system technologies and tools.
- Experience in object-oriented language such as Java, Apex and C++
- Experience in development platform: AWS, Apex, Web Service APIs
- Ability to participate as a committed member of an Agile Scrum team
- Expert in writing structured query language in Oracle & Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Strong in writing integrations using XSLT transformation.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Ability to work independently and in a team orientated environment
** Role not eligible for sponsorship **
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.