Tampa Florida United States
Payroll Tax Manager
The Payroll Tax Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally, has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
· Responsible for the overall management of the payroll tax liabilities, of Citi, both directly and in connection with transactions with clients, including the related compliance, financial reporting, planning and controversy processes.
· Contributes to the planning, accounting, filing and the reporting of payroll tax liability of the company.
· Assists in determining and compiling information required to satisfy payroll tax filings and related requirements at all levels of taxing jurisdictions.
· Participate in managing payments to tax authorities in compliance with specific tax regulations including all year end activities and tax forms.
· Ensures all data in systems is accurate to facilitate proper filings.
· Manages work of the team to ensure daily tasks are fully understood and completed timely with ability to step in and complete tasks if needed.
· Responsible for training of new team members.
· Integrates expertise and industry expertise within a defined area.
· Advises on standards around which others will operate.
· Requires in-depth knowledge of how areas harmoniously integrate within the sub-function.
· Coordinates and contributes to the goals of the entire function.
· Uses communication and diplomacy skills to guide and influence others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasionally external customers.
· Manages a function as a single incumbent with management responsibilities for a function.
· Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
· Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
· 5-8+ years of experience
· Knowledge of Workday, ADP MasterTax and ADP Smart Compliance a plus.
Job Family Group:
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$79,120.00 – $118,680.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting