Tampa Florida United States
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Citi Shared Services (CSS) is a vital partner to the Corporate Finance and Human Resources organizations. We ensure financial and human resources operations and processes throughout the entire employment life cycle are carried out through the performance of world-class, scalable operations. We also deliver excellence in mission-critical, global products and local services for 84 countries. Furthermore, we manage the governance of the Citi Solutions Center Network, which serves 98,000 employees, supporting Citi’s businesses and operational units. Our diverse profile of products and services touches every Citi employee.
Our strategic priorities, which include enhancing our safety and soundness standards, elevating both leadership and manager capabilities, as well as designing innovative solutions to eliminate pain points, enable us to continually raise the bar. We are implementing cutting-edge digital tools, exploring dynamic reporting capabilities and self-service platforms, and adopting forward compatible behaviors, all while modeling a customer-centric mindset. 90% of the CSS family calls one of our strategic hubs (Budapest, Costa Rica, Manila, Mumbai, and Tampa) home. Each hub offers a unique energy and a myriad of development and engagement opportunities, but the common attribute that cuts across them all is a strong sense of community. We are long-standing champions of diversity, which is consistently reflected in our decisions and actions. Our employees value meritocracy, demonstrate passion for growth and development, and model dignity and respect for all.
Citi’s HR Shared Services (HRSS) organization was established in 2006 to deliver HR operations, technology, and services both to Human Resources (HR) division and to Citi employees worldwide. With a global staff of over 1,200 HRSS employees serving 220,000+ total extended workforce, HR Shared Services manages processes and provides tools to address HR needs in an effective, efficient and low-risk manner while focusing on a positive customer experience.
HR Shared Services has an impact on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, from recruitment to retirement, including payroll, onboarding, career mobility, learning and development, talent and performance management, and compensation and benefits. HRSS is a product within Citi Shared Services (CSS), which is a function within Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO&T).
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
The HRSS Time and Absence Analyst is a subject matter expert role within Total Rewards. The Time and Absence Team supports Leave Administration for medical and non-medical absences, ensuring all Citi policy and Regulatory Requirements for the US and Canada are met. Additionally, the team supports Time policies related to overtime, premium, and time off which have a direct impact to payroll.
This position requires the ability to interpret and explain Citi policies, work within established service level deadlines, multi-task, work efficiently, accurately and communicate with customers. Excellent customer service skills are required for high frequency of regular telephone or case interaction with employees. Must have strong attention to detail and good analytical skills to complete data input, validate calculations and understand results.
The HRSS Time and Absence Lead Specialist must obtain an elevated understanding of the end-to-end payroll cycle and complete analysis on complex pay issues related to Time and Absence.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Respond to/action complex employee requests based upon assigned Total Rewards product, including in-depth research related to salary, deductions, taxes, time and absence to ensure requests are handled accurately.
- Execute a variety of process controls, including primary Checker responsibilities for junior team member’s pay impacting transactions
- Run process monitoring reports, analyze results, and complete required corrective actions
- Regularly review and revise team operating procedures and internal documentation
- Operate as a Change Leader in support of operational readiness when system or process changes are implemented, helping to review process impacts and update documentation
- Continuously train junior team members and operate as a first point of contact to support the team’s inquiries
- Research complex scenarios and support high visibility escalations
- Maintain employee confidence and protect Total Rewards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of end-to-end Total Rewards processes and related systems including Workday, Master Tax, ServiceNow, and various Microsoft tools, adhering to all controls and maintaining quality standards.
- Manage workflow to ensure all processes are completed timely and accurately, with an understanding of how actions contribute to other business processes/outputs.
- Perform financial calculations aligned to job responsibilities, for example: Termination Pay, Payroll Tax Validations, employee time reviews, absence calculations, payroll adjustments.
- Review and analyze employee pay statements to identify potential discrepancies. Validate employee’s profile setup and understand variances and root cause differences.
- Process transactions in various Citi systems aligned with job responsibilities including employee net pay, tax payments, vendor remittances, wire transfers.
- Perform various review validations to ensure reasonability
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel user
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and apply problem solving capabilities
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of time and absence policy and regulatory requirements
- Experience in payroll processing or Time and Absence policy preferred
- Ability to address complex escalations from HR and Senior Leadership
- Analysis of potential issues in regards to policy interpretation, as well as handling complex pay and time issues resulting in detailed analysis
- Ability to multi task in a high pacing environment.
Job Family Group:
Operations – Core
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.