About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Refer to the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Mandate Candidate Q&A for additional information.
This posting will accept applications until January 23rd. Please apply as soon as possible.
About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance manages the city’s investing, fiscal analysis, budgeting, debt and asset management, tax assessment and collection, and accounting functions as well as establishing, maintaining and enforcing fiscal policies, practices and procedures for the entire City and County of Denver. The Department commits to Denver residents the delivery of these services through a financial structure that mirrors the best practices of both the public and private sectors. This commitment promotes better service, enhanced performance measures, maximum accountability and improved business processes.
About Risk Management and Workers’ Compensation
The Division of Risk Management and Workers’ Compensation within the Department of Finance oversees the identification, analysis and management of the City’s risk and exposure to loss related to the activities of the City and its departments, agencies and employees. This includes procurement of all property and liability insurance, workplace safety and emergency preparedness oversight for City employees, as well as management of the City’s Workers’ Compensation program for which we are self-insured and self-administered.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Department of Finance is currently seeking a highly dedicated Associate Risk Management Analyst to serve in our Division of Risk Management and Workers’ Compensation. In this role, you will be responsible for assessing and transferring risk faced by the City through contractual risk transfer, traditional insurance programs, and review of City procedures and programs. You will assist with administering the various property and liability insurance programs purchased to mitigate Citywide risk, including assisting with insurance underwriting and managing claims under those programs. You will also aid in setting the insurance requirements for all City contracts and resolving any related risk transfer issues with the City’s contracting parties.
Specifically, the Associate Risk Management Analyst is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Contractual Risk Transfer
- Establishes insurance requirements in all City contracts and resolves related risk transfer issues with City agencies and contracting parties
- Participates in agency trainings and contractor open houses on insurance requirements and contracting procedures
- Maintains proficiency on current insurance policy language and appropriate requirements of contractors in order to maximize protection of the City
- Property and Liability Insurance Placement –
- Assists with insurance application process. Gathers and assesses underwriting data from multiple agencies
- Annually reviews additional insured and certificate holder schedule. Verifies annual certificate of insurance and auto ID card issuance to correct parties
- Manages payment invoices including broker fees and insurance premium payments; oversees agency billing
- Property and Liability Insurance Claims
- Works with City agencies and insurance adjuster to coordinate receipt of appropriate claim documentation
- Loss Control
- Coordinates and attends property and liability insurance loss control inspections and audits
- Assists with monitoring loss control and engineering recommendations. Distributes to necessary parties and follows up on recommendations
- Emergency Operations Center Participation
- Serves as a member of the Finance Team in the Emergency Operations Center during times of emergency activation. Shifts may be 12hours and be of lengthy duration
We are looking for a collaborative, optimistic, organized and motivated team member who enjoys building relationships and working with all levels of an organization to join our team. The successful candidate will have excellent decision making, critical thinking, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers and leadership. Customer service is crucial. In addition, our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 years’ experience in municipal claims management that involves classified, protected, or HIPAA data and information
- Excellent project management skills – ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and tight timelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint. Ideally, Workday Financials and Risk Management Information Systems such as Riskonnect
- Strong communication skills – verbally and written
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of professional administrative and analytical experience which must have included analyzing management problems and recommending solutions.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
About Everything Else
CA2252 Management Analyst Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$57,860.00 – $95,469.00
Based on education and experience
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.