Denver International Airport
About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
DEN’s Maintenance Division is looking for an experienced Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Program Manager. This person will be responsible for management and oversight of the CDL Program and the development and deployment of a standardized curriculum.
As a CDL Training Program Manager at Denver International Airport you can expect to:
- Manage DEN’s CDL Training and Testing Program to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and DEN policies
- Supervise employees who are part of the Maintenance CDL Training Team that instruct Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT), Theory Instruction and Behind the Wheel (BTW) training
- Plan, assign, and review the work of staff members performing a variety of training functions and recommend changes in practices and procedures to increase operating efficiency and expedite workflow
- Research and compile information in instructional areas, develop appropriate educational materials, remain current with new information and standards in the training field, and train new staff members in training techniques and methodologies
- Sequence objectives: select appropriate instructional design, method, and media, identify resource needs, and create materials (lesson plans, etc.) to support objectives
- Maintain DOT guidelines and ensure that trainees receive documented training meeting DOT standards
- Support program goals, oversee the development of comprehensive program policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards
- Prepare reports regarding the effectiveness of training and prepare and maintain records on student progress for both online and instructor led training
- Manage the Train the Trainer Program & schedule/conduct annual Snow Equipment Training
- Participate in DEN’s snow removal program as directed
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following experience:
- Knowledge of FMCSA,DOT regulation 49 CFR, and Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT)
- Experience training and testing CDL Drivers
- Intermediate user of MS Office 365 Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Possesses a valid Commercial Driver’s License and a Colorado State Examiner’s Certification
- A working knowledge of Workday Learning, Smartsheet and Learning Management Systems software
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Goal orientated, fosters teamwork, and enjoys working on a team
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Management, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, or a related field
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of full performance professional level experience developing, implementing, and administering programs
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education for all classifications. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Commercial Driver’s License and a Colorado State Examiner’s Certification by end of probation period (6 months).
- Driver’s License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CA1714 Program Manager
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$67,488.00 – $111,355.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.