New Providence, NJ
Career Opportunities at Summit Health and CityMD
Summit Health and CityMD form a physician-driven, patient-centric network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care and bringing a more connected kind of care. Our unique network was created by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the nation’s premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area. Together, Summit Health and CityMD deliver a more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for every patient, regardless of the stage of life or health condition, through high-quality primary, specialty, and urgent care.
We are continually growing to meet the needs of our patients and deliver exceptional care to an even greater population. Summit Health now has more than 2,800 providers across more than 80 specialty areas, 13,000 employees, and over 370 locations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Central Oregon. CityMD has over 150 locations across the tri-state. We share a vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. Together, we provide the best possible care to every patient in every neighborhood.
Join our team!
Summit Health and CityMD are dedicated to hiring and retaining the right talent who will contribute to our ongoing expansion and success. We work to set clear goals and expectations, while regularly managing performance and cultivating personal and team capabilities within a positive, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards success. We strive to make each team member’s experience at our company inspiring. Explore our open positions and apply to become a part of the Summit Health and CityMD family.
This position will focus on controllership responsibilities for liabilities across Company, including compensation and benefits accounting. Looking for someone that will be a critical team member in the overall success of the finance and accounting team. The qualified candidate will interact with finance/accounting and cross-functional teams across the Company. Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare accounting records that are accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
• Responsible for the monthly closing process, which includes the timely completion and review of:
o Monthly account reconciliations for all key areas / accounts
o Journal entries
o Monthly fluctuation analysis and report on variances versus budget and prior periods
• Provide key financial information and support
• Lead and support accounting for critical compensation and benefits accounting items
• Liaise cross-functionally on compensation and benefits
• Ensure appropriate treatment of leases under the new lease accounting standard
• Support external reporting function with preparing footnote disclosures
• Assist in providing requested information to internal auditors
• Guide management allocations across entities
• Assist with meeting external financial statement requirements
• Drive process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes
• Coordinate with external auditors as a key contact for audit requests and other third-party service providers
• Ensure all work complies with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Streamline and improve existing processes and controls
• Track key accounting and reporting issues for consideration
• Provide coaching and guidance to staff
• Stay abreast of best practices in application of accounting guidelines
• Partner with other teams/departments on special projects and ad hoc requests
Key Competencies Required
• Undergraduate degree in accounting
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Big 4 accounting firm and/or public company experience
• 10-12+ years of related work experience
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP requirements, including the new lease accounting standard and compensation and benefits accounting
• Experience with internal controls compliance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Healthcare experience is a plus
• Workday experience is a plus
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization to influence cross-functional teams
• Proven leadership skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, communicate progress and execute effectively
• Exercises sound judgment
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and accomplish goals
• Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful while demonstrating the highest level of integrity
• Attention to detail and strong work ethic
• Strong business partner to others in the organization
• Ability to gain the confidence and respect of management and staff through attributes such as professionalism and positive attitude
• Process oriented with strong ability to organize and manage projects
• Challenges existing processes and always looks to improve and find efficiencies
Total Rewards at Summit Health CityMD
Our team members are essential to our mission to reshape healthcare through the power of connection. Summit Health highly values the critical role that health and wellness play in the lives of our team members and their families. We strive to provide a valuable suite of benefits, wellness programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and personal needs of team members and their families at various stages of life and in their professional career. Collectively, we call these “Total Rewards“.
Here at Summit Health, our total rewards include, but are not limited to:
We’ve Got You Covered – Health coverage is vital, and it begins as soon as the 1st of the month after you start employment.
Build a Healthy Foundation – Various medical plan options, HDHP with HSA option and employer contribution, and waived copays at CityMD Urgent Cares.
Enhance Your Health Coverage – Dental and vision insurance, plus healthcare and dependent care spending accounts.
Safeguard Your Household – Company paid EAP and life insurance, plus optional supplemental life, pet, and legal plan insurance.
Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, and disability insurance.
Retirement Investing – 401(k) plan with company match every pay period to help you build towards your retirement.
Work/Life Balance – Paid time off including PTO, holidays, and more so employees can take a break or care for themselves and their family.
Paid Maternity Leave – Paid time off for the birth of a child to assist with important time away while welcoming the newest addition to your family.
Reach Professional Goals – Tuition reimbursement, annual compensation and bonus program, and internal growth opportunities.
Financial Wellness – Educational webinars, resources, and tools to help foster financial literacy.
Benefits apply to benefits eligible team members. The BMC benefits package varies from the above – please inquire with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.