The Payroll Manager will be a key partner to the Senior Manager Payroll by managing assigned projects, assisting with evaluating and implementing both payroll and Workday process improvements, leveraging both existing technology and service providers to ensure accurate timely payroll processes in the most cost effective manner. The ideal candidate will have previous payroll process improvement experience with a demonstrated willingness to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get the job done.
This role will support the payroll team by collaborating, troubleshooting, improving processes, project implementation, documenting, and analyzing payroll systems to meet department goals and initiatives.
- Continuously improve payroll processes and strategies. Work cross-functionally with supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders
- Manage projects, evaluate all service providers, and implement process improvements.
- Manage system updates, new releases, and payroll system integrations internally and externally
- Develop and implement payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations relating to payroll operations and control
- Provide accurate and timely reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end etc.
- Assist with managing relationships with internal and external auditors, state and federal agencies, and unions
- Troubleshoot HRIS issues and errors
- Supervise staff as assigned; set goals and evaluate performance
- Protect and maintain confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields preferred
- Minimum of 3 years payroll experience plus 3 years management experience
- Alignment to Clark Standards of Excellence: self-motivated, results-oriented, adaptable, team player, accountable, ethical, innovative, resilient, builds relationships, builds people/teams and followership, sets direction, and executes
- Extensive experience with payroll systems including Workday.
- Experience designing, testing, deploying, and supporting system functionality
- Proficient in generating and running payroll reports. Preferably Workday reporting functionality.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining data accuracy and timeliness.
- Willingness to be a "working" manager to get the job done
- Possesses a strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise