Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
The Payroll Analyst is a professional with knowledge of Payroll principles, practices, and concepts. With moderate supervision, this role reviews payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checks whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked, and ensures payments are made on time. This role contributes to identify improvements to Payroll activities and procedures. The Payroll Analyst II is responsible for assisting in processing all aspects of payroll including bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for 1,400+ employees. In addition, this role is responsible for analyzing, entering and auditing the payroll, processing adjustments and distribution of payroll related items.
- Champions a corporate culture that emphasizes transparency, integrity, safety, environmental responsibility, employee development, diversity and inclusion, customer service, and operational excellence.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ensures completeness of employee time entry data, accuracy of payroll and timeliness as necessary. Trouble-shoots time-keeping and payroll issues and interfaces with employees on payroll matters.
- Responsible for assisting in preparation, processing and distribution of bi- weekly for all employees and monthly payroll for certain retired executives.
- Prepares necessary documentation to comply with SOX requirements.
- Assists in maintaining, monitoring and administering state withholding and unemployment accounts.
- Updates employee records by reviewing and approving changes in tax withholding elections and payment elections (banking information) made by employees in Workday.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms, adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings.
- Assists with year-end W-2 preparation.
- Assists with monthly reconciliation of payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Maintains payroll records as required by records retention standards.
- Maintains records related to employee leaves of absence for FMLA and Short-Term Disability.
- Interfaces with management regarding payroll questions and employee requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- 3-5+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS/Payroll system preferred
- Must have effective detail-orientation or attention to detail. General knowledge of concepts of payroll practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Must have working knowledge of FLSA, labor laws, and basic concepts of payroll practices
Licenses and Certifications:
Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred