Fairfield, CA – USA
At Clorox, we champion people to be well and thrive by doing the right thing, putting people at the center, and playing to win. Led by our IGNITE strategy, we build brands that make a positive difference in people’s lives around the world. And we know that success requires head, heart, AND guts — all three, every day — coming together to work simpler, faster, bolder, and more inclusively. Interested? Join us to #IgniteYourCareer!
Your role at Clorox:
Provides guidance, support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures and practices of the Human Resource department. The main responsibility is to assist the HR Manager in every aspect of human resources. This work involves managing the payroll for the plant location, handling the hiring process for all production and non-production positions, and working through the employee disability leave process.
In this role, you will:
Bi-weekly Payroll processing
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Updates payroll records by entering changes into Workday system.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Track and Maintain all plant attendance records
Human Resource Administration and Coordination
- Work with on-site HR manager for all human resource related needs
- Partner with Corporate Leave specialist and ICS to monitor disability leave for the plant
- Organize and coordinate internal and external recruiting process
- Interpret, assist and advise employees and managers regarding human resource policies and procedures
- Work with management team to record any disciplinary actions in the SAP system, keeping it confidential
- Continue to maintain a strong sense of confidentiality with all human resource information
- Coordinate all Human Resource related projects and tasks as needed
What we look for:
- 3 plus years of payroll and general HR experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn and manage transactions, research and generate reports within the HR SAP system
- Comfortable with initiating and adapting to change
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we know you don’t need a degree to succeed. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
At Clorox, we have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our I&D program & initiatives here.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.