Falls Church, VA
Security Clearance required:
No clearance required
Cognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare and national security systems. With our health and security-focused solutions, we help public sector organizations achieve the important task of providing the best possible public services to American Citizens. From Enterprise IT, Data Science, and Security Services, to full-scale Consumer Engagement and Interoperability solutions, we are moving government services forward with transformation and innovation. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
The Senior Proposal Recruiter will be responsible for owning and executing the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process of assigned requisitions and supervising additional recruiters in support of proposal recruiting activities. This includes anticipating both hiring manager’s and candidate’s questions and concerns and proactively responding; using metrics to report progress on an ongoing basis; and driving the process through to completion. This will include imbedding his/her self in the assigned business area, understand business priorities and goals, and create recruiting strategies to fill open requisitions on time and on budget.
Cognosante is a people centric organization that truly cares about it’s employees and delivering excellence to our customers. You would be surrounded by high performers in the field of Talent Acquisition with opportunities to learn and grow in the field.
We are looking for people with the following attributes:
- Drive: Initiates action and persists to accomplish tasks and goals
- Problem Solving: Identifies and uses resources to generate and critically evaluate courses of action
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Works productively with others and adapts appropriately to different roles and situations.
- Communication: The ability to express thoughts and ideas to convey information effectively and influence others
- Stress Tolerance: Continues to perform under difficult, unpredictable, and ambiguous conditions.
- Conducting intake meetings on new requisitions, working with the hiring manager to understand what exactly the job entails, what experience and education the candidates must have to be successful and then partnering with the hiring manager to craft a sourcing and recruiting strategy.
- Aligning recruiters priorities to ensure coverage across all proposals
- Providing status updates on recruiting activities across all proposal recruiting
- Building and executing an effective candidate sourcing plan that does not rely upon job boards to find qualified candidates. Will understand the importance of using social media as an employment branding tool and building pools of talent in anticipation of future need.
- Screening all potential candidates before forwarding to hiring managers for consideration. All candidates will be qualified, interested, and affordable to be considered.
- Providing oversight of the interview process, helping interviewers be more effective in their evaluation of candidates and driving then driving the decision making.
- Crafting an offer that both attracts the candidate while meeting business budgets and constraints. Partners with Human Resources and key stakeholders in consideration of the offer components.
- Extending and closing the deal. Addresses and overcomes any candidate concerns.
- Taking ownership of the candidate experience and ensures the candidate has the best impression of Cognosante possible regardless of the final outcome.
- Maintaining accurate information in the application tracking system and ensures metrics are accurate and current.
- Keeping hiring managers and leadership informed during the recruiting process. The hiring manager will never have to call asking for a status update as the recruiter will have already provided the most current information.
- 7+ years of recruiting experience, preferably in a government contracting environment.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and hiring in a rapidly changing environment and an ability to overcome roadblocks/not allow roadblocks to get in the way of success completion.
- Experience successfully handling multiple projects and hiring managers at any given time.
- The ability to build pools of candidates in anticipation of need and the ability to stay in touch with the best candidates even when no current position is available.
- The ability to source candidates effectively even when there are no job board licenses to be utilized.
- Experience recruiting for government proposals
- Knowledge of behavioral interviewing techniques
- Experience with Workday as an applicant tracking system
- Experience recruiting in the healthcare IT industry