Pay Rate Type:
Office of Human Resources
Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried, Administrative Staff Appointment
The Workday HCM/HRIS Lead will serve as the lead technical expert within the HR team for Workday functionality and training which includes, but is not limited to: business process configuration, integrations, testing, report writing, dashboards and security administration. The individual in this role will build relationships and partner with the IT organization and internal team members to ensure configuration and functionality of Workday is achieving stated goals. This position serves as an agent of change acting as an internal technical consultant in HR to lead, define, administer, and develop continuous improvement activities designed to build efficient processes in Workday. A high degree of creativity and persistence is needed to challenge and effectively administer changes to current practices and ways of thinking. Solid judgment and resourcefulness is needed to effectively deal with multiple, highly variable factors and conflicting priorities of various areas and stakeholders. They will be required to facilitate communication, problem resolution and capture significant learning from internal and external resources to enable best practice. They will foster and maintain positive relationships between internal/external customers and functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of Workday and provide technical guidance as needed to the HR team. Additionally, the individual in this role will promote proactive approaches using Workday to solve operational needs/problems. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our College, including its cultural and ethnic diversity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the internal expert on Workday for the HR team, lead/participate in ongoing design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Workday; including, but not limited to, business process configuration, reporting, conditional logic-based rules and code-based system configurations and validations.
- Cross train team members to build competency and in the development and maintenance of advanced reports, business process configuration and integrations using Workday Report Writer, and EIB’s as well as creation and maintenance of reporting and dashboards for ongoing institutional needs.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and technical stability, making operational/strategic recommendations as applicable; lead all associated design and implementation efforts in Workday.
- Serve as the Workday subject matter expert to internal customers; provides technical support for production support issues including, but not limited to, researching and resolving technical problems, unexpected results or process flaws; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Partner with IT on security role development, assignment and maintenance along with integrations impacting the Workday HCM tenant.
- Make recommendations on a regular basis to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness; performs any necessary data clean up and sanitization.
- Represent the interests of HR on the Data Governance Council as well as other data or Workday related councils.
- Stay well-informed on Workday system enhancements and changes and lead associated deployment activities, inclusive of regression testing, data & integration validation, downstream impact analysis and assurance of overall system performance/stability.
- Partner with team to create, validate, and execute test scenarios for recommended configuration changes and ensure that all business processes are fully tested, ensuring business requirements have been met.
- Lead development and validation of cross-application test scenarios and execution with HR team; ensuring all changes/enhancements are fully tested and meet all business requirements.
- Understand, document and communicate impact of configuration changes to all business processes across the platform and the system users.
- Collaborate with the HR learning and development team and IT to develop and deliver robust training plans for users of Workday.
- Develop advanced calculated fields and conditional logic in reports and business processes.
- Provide customized reports on demand and on-going in order to provide leaders with quality data on workforce matters.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by developing processes to audit, analyze, resolve and prevent future issues.
- Assist staff with technical issues related to the use of Workday system.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience
- 3-5 years in a Workday environment across Workday HCM including, Learning, Recruiting, Advanced Compensation, Onboarding, Absence, Benefits, Business Process Configuration and Report Writing
- Workday experience within the higher education environment a plus
- Active in the Workday community environment
- Ability to influence and build trusting relationships
- High level of professionalism; strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people in a helpful, positive, and constructive way
- Excellent time management skills; deadline-driven with proven ability to manage changing priorities
- Proven talent dealing with complex issues in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
This position will have significant interactions with the VP and Chief Human Resources Officer as well as the entire HR team, Colby IT and other key stakeholders in the Colby community.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Hybrid work arrangement with periodic presence on campus. General open office and campus environment.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by clicking the "Apply" button on the Colby Careers website. Please submit a letter of interest including salary requirements, resume, and the contact information of three professional references.